eCommerce Manager - Data-Driven Optimisation, Insight & Analytics
Base location: West London
We are actively looking to secure an eCommerce Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Department & Team Overview
Our client offers a subscription-based internet television and video-on-demand service. They are transforming the way customers consume content, across several devices. The eCommerce Manager is a key role within the eCommerce team. The team's overall vision is to deliver a best-in-class eCommerce operation, they have a relentless desire to continuously improve and optimise their eCommerce site.
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities:
The eCommerce Manager is responsible for defining and owning the new customer discovery and purchase journeys. You'll use data and insights to help shape the eCommerce roadmap, to deliver the best possible experience for visitors. You'll work collaboratively with Marketing, Product, Technology and Trading teams to ensure they are able to support their campaigns online, from the development of new functionality to ensuring the right analytics solutions are in place to track performance.
- Support the Head of eCommerce in delivering the roadmap and ensure overall targets are met
- Take responsibility and ownership of new customer discovery and purchase journeys, including using all tools at your disposal to gain insights into the user experience
- Drive acquisition and monetisation initiatives to ensure targets are met
- Provide insight and strategic recommendations, to create improvements in conversion
- Work closely with the Content & Merchandising manager to ensure they have the right functionality in place to maximise the merchandising and promotional opportunities
- Use your understanding of the eCommerce roadmap to work with Optimisation team and help shape the optimisation plan
- Work closely with other teams to understand their requirements and translate them into a best in class experience
- Work closely with our SEO exec to define and deliver the SEO strategy
- Develop excellent relationships with the eCommerce Product Lead and Technology teams to ensure they are prioritising the right things at the right time
- Work closely with the wider team to create concepts for features to develop and grow the product
- Excellent understanding of eCommerce principles - including both a technical and UX/UI understanding of site development, conversion rate optimisation, as well as the ability to analysis performance and draw insights.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable presenting concepts and designs to stakeholders.
- Good understanding of online marketing and have previously worked in an online marketing department.
- In-depth knowledge of eCommerce, derived from experience in a similar role
- Significant experience in translating customer needs into eCommerce delivery, with a focus on developing UX & UI
- Skilled at project and product planning, including product definition, feature prioritisation and trade-off processes
- Understand the technical side of eCommerce and can engage with developers to translate your ideas and give clear direction
- Excellent analytical skills and experience of using web analytical packages to translate data into clear, actionable insights
- Ability to engage and drive cross-functional teams; manage both internal relationships and external agencies
- Demonstrable expertise in data-driven optimisation of ecommerce experiences.
- Experience of using insight & analytics to drive ecommerce development.
- A high level of experience in managing and delivering a product roadmap; driving commercial, system, network and operational process changes
- Understanding of commonly used web tools and technologies
- Experience of using A/B and multivariate testing tools and techniques
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or a similar/related field
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV in the first instance