SysOps Engineer (SC/DV Cleared)
8th October 2019
£500 - £600
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SysOps Engineer (SC/DV Cleared), Build, Deployment, Configuration, System Provisioning, Automation, Monitoring, Metrics, Scalability, Security, Linux, Docker, Postgres, Container, Git, AWS, Amazon Web Services, EC2s, RDS, VPCs, Subnets, VPN, 2FA, CI, CD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Python, Go, BASH, IDS, HIDS, NIDS, Security Hardening, GNU, Linux, Puppet, Ansible, Windows Server, HyperV, VMWare, IP, ELK, SC Clearance, DV Clearance, Security Clearance, Developed Vetting, Development Vetting
Our Central Government client based in London are looking for an SC or DV Cleared Specialist with SysOps Engineer skills to assist in:
- Building the development environment and configure infrastructure
- System provisioning & automation, monitoring, metrics, scalability, security and hardening.
- Project Linux infrastructure in relation to common standards
- Responsibility for the health and upkeep of critical services.
Who you will work with:
- Working alongside other engineers, providing the code, services and knowledge to deliver a smooth automation process from start to finish.
- Existing in-house project teams
Key Skills / Experience
· Knowledge and experience of installation and management of hardware (servers, storage, routers etc.).
· Knowledge of and experience with Docker, Postgres, and installation and management containers.
· Knowledge of and experience with Git, Gitlab.
· Experience of setting up secured infrastructure within AWS (EC2s), RDS, VPCs, Subnets, Security Group, VPN Access, 2FA.
· Experience of setting up the CI/CD pipeline within AWS.
· Reasonable fluency in at least one of: python, go, BASH.
· Knowledge of IDS, HIDS, NIDS and security hardening.
· Experience and knowledge of GNU/Linux.
· Experience of configuration management tools (Puppet/Ansible).
· Experience of designing and building the infrastructure in a data centre.
· Experience of windows server installation, management, patching, domain controller and HyperV.
· Experience of Vmware, creating, deploying virtual machines via Vmware on bare metal. Installing and setup windows and ubuntu virtual machines.
· Experience deploying, profiling, and debugging distributed systems
· Ability to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services.
· Experience of IP Networking and physical networks.
· Experience of configuring and managing ELK.
· Fluent in English and have good communication skills in order to discuss high level requirements with stakeholders, as well as have low level technical discussions as required.
· Experience of installing, patching, managing Postgresql database clusters.
· Have existing valid SC/DV clearance