IT Senior Project Manager
8th October 2019
£400 - £500
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: IT Senior Project ManagerLocation: FarnboroughDuration: 3 months initiallyRate: up to £500/daySecurity Clearance: Progressing to SC Job Description:To manage the delivery of tasks and standard projects in order to deliver the defined Business and customer benefits that meet the Project Business Case and Project Mandate. Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required:* Experience in successfully managing standard projects
* Good knowledge of Project Management principles in accordance with industry and client standards.
* Knowledge and experience as graded in PMCDF competency framework for Project Managers.
* Team Leadership including the management of relationships and conflicts within project team.
* Resource Management.
* Financial management.
* Delivery of the project to agreed timelines.
* Working within the Life Cycle process to ensure the quality of the project is structured and achieved.
* Ability to negotiate with internal team.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* A reasonable level of commercial awareness.
* A leadership style which will enable a consistent approach to delivery.
* Knowledge of other functional disciplines related to delivery (e.g. finance). Key accountabilities:
* Management of projects to deliver project objectives that are defined in the Project Business Case and Project Mandate.
* Ensuring projects meets all governance requirements in accordance with client policies and processes.
* Ensuring projects meet all compliance requirements especially with respect to Legal and Safety requirements in accordance with corporate policies and processes.
* Leadership of the project team
* Management of suppliers, where appropriate, to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements within a Statement Of Works that meets the standards of the Project Mandate.
* Manage and resolve scheduling conflicts and where required seek additional support either internally or externally.
* Manage resourcing forecast through the use of appropriate tools.
* Work with procurement to obtain pricing and manage the purchase of all materials associated to the delivery of projects.
* Management of Risks and Issues and the implementation of mitigation strategies.
* Arrange periodic meetings with teams and team leads to discuss all activities.
* Produce periodic reports and review as required.
* Alert management to any significant Risks.
* Experience working with an IT environment.
* Industry recognised qualification. i.e. Prince2 / AMP / PMP
* Demonstrable experience of full Lifecycle Project Management
* SC cleared to be held and maintained.
- Agile /Scrum Master Experience / CertificationTo apply please send your CV's in the first instance.