Title: Global R&D Senior Manager
Location; Parkmore, Galway AND Trenton Lane, MN, USA. 50% travel
Benefits: Excellent salary, pension, healthcare and yearly bonus on offer.
My client is ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry, they specialize in the design and manufacture of minimally invasive delivery and access devices for a range of therapies. Headquartered in Galway, they has a global operational footprint with design and manufacturing facilities spanning the U.S., South America, Europe and Asia.
- Own all Product and Process development engineering activity for the Devices Group
- Play a leading role in our Global Device product development
- Build strong relationships with our customer
- Partner with Product Management, PMO and Operations in executing new product deliverables and successfully transferring new products into Operations.
- Support technology group in the delivery of demonstration prototypes
- Development of processes to ensure device design passes timely and in budget transition through stage gates into long term operations/manufacturing
- Attract and retain top engineering talent across the devices organization
- Partner with the CTO, Business Development and Commercial in the development of innovative solutions or platforms that can help our customers to win in their markets
- Partner with Product Management in overall Portfolio decisions and commitments
- Develop and manage a high performing organization which is fit for purpose.
- Own and manage functional budget
- Employee Development
- Represent Device Engineering during all customer visits, tech days and executive presentations
- Drive a culture of winning spirit and success.
Reporting to This position reports to the GM of the Metals and Devices Business with a dotted line to the Medical CTO
Qualifications & specialist training required:
- Proven expertise in process development
- Proven experience as a Leader of a large Technical Engineering team
- Execution and business results delivery focused
- Experience of working in a multi-national - Public Company environment
- Cost Center Management
- International experience and personality geared toward New Product & Business Development - collaborative working & effective listening skills are critical in this role
- Master qualified with the following competencies a distinct advantage. - Portfolio Management; Strategic Planning; Technology Development/Evaluation
- Strategic Marketing; Clinical Expertise; Integration Leader; Business Development; IP Creation/Management; Catheter/Guidewire Development; Design Controls Expert Hardware/Software Development
- Strong communication skills -Written & verbal
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial in nature, fearless as to Business Development challenges
- Ability to both push-back and champion vision for Device Engineering while prioritizing key initiatives
- Experience in Strategic Planning; Mergers and Acquisition; Business Development & Customer Partnering
- Team development - focus on building immediate and long-term team success through development
If you would like to know more about this exciting position forward me a copy of your up to date CV and we can organise a call to discuss in more detail.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales