We are currently recruiting an experienced Technical Support Specialist to join Tideway. The successful candidate will possess a broad knowledge of core IT disciplines including: Infrastructure (Networks and Wintel), Security and Service Management
This role will support the Tideway Information Systems directorate in delivering a multi-vendor service tower model to ensure Service Excellence is given to all Tideway users and systems. This includes a flexible approach to day to day activities in Operations and also the Project aspect of IS and Tideway.
- Provide an oversight of system vulnerabilities and monitoring Managed Services Providers patching success, to ensure Tideway's IS portfolio is kept secure and up to date
- Maintain Tideway's IS technical risk register
- Administration of Tideway's cloud platforms; Azure, Office 365, AWS etc.
- Provide technical oversight within the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and advise the Architecture Review Board (ARB) as required
- Ensure any changes or new solutions fit strategically into the overall infrastructure architecture and meet existing technology standards
- Responsible as a subject matter expert for providing advice and guidance within assigned areas of technical specialism (ie. Network virtualization (Azure etc.), Firewalls, routing, Switches etc.)
- Drive optimisation, consistency, consolidation, and standardisation across core network framework to include Azure and other cloud infrastructure platforms
- Perform analysis of current environments to identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Develop, document and enforce, where required, the standards, security procedures and controls for access to ensure integrity of the network and related systems
- Provide support, administration, or changes to Tideway's Network infrastructure; Firewall, Access Control, IDS/IPS and Web Security. Escalate significant support issues to the service provider, in alignment with the incident management process as required
- Ensure voice traffic is performant across the network and the platform is configured as required.
- Working with the relevant back-up provider for Tideway's Cloud hosting, ensure all Tideway environments are protected and have provision for business continuity or the ability to recover selected data when required
- Support the project delivery teams on technical aspects of the various programs of work.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Expertise in LAN, WAN, routing/switching. Firewalls, Load balancer and other network infrastructure technologies within an Enterprise IT framework
- Significant experience in a technical infrastructure role
- Experience with management of infrastructure within Azure
- Experience of working within the Office 365 platform, ideally with Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Skype of Business Online/Teams
- A proven track record of implementing service impacting changes from analysis, scoping, design, planning and deployment
- Experience of working within an ITIL environment and good working knowledge of TOGAF and PRINCE 2 methodologies.
- Working knowledge of information security, data security management including privacy, risk management and technical security assurance skills (eg. penetration testing)
- Good stakeholder management and also hands on delivery experience in a similar environment would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience of using Device Management Technologies such as SCCM & Microsoft Intune
- Competent in the supervision and oversight of an IS Service provider, and assurance within a commercial SLA
- Knowledge of security incident event management (SIEM) technologies, with the ability to develop protective monitoring solutions in support of situational awareness, and risk management compliance objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce clear process and procedure documentation
- Strong stakeholder management and customer facing skills
- SME skills, knowledge and experience of:
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA & Meraki MX
- Security: IDS, IPS & NAC
- Proxy: Forcepoint & Cisco Umbrella
- Load Balancer: Netscaler & Azure
- CCNP level certification
- CCDP or CCIE is preferred
Hands-on experience in some of or all the following areas:
VSS, Data Centre Technologies, HSRP, QoS, VoIP, SSL VPN/Ipsec VPN, Wireless technologies, DHCP management, Firewall skills, IPS/IDS, Voice Traffic, Internet Proxy, MPLS services framework
Microsoft Azure would be desirable
The Tideway project involves constructing a 25km tunnel under London's river that will prevent the tens of millions of tonnes of pollution that currently pollute the River Thames each year. This necessary expansion of London's sewer network is due for completion in 2024 and is happening across 24 construction sites in London. These span from Acton in West London to Beckton in the East, and many are located on the river edge in the centre of the city. For more information on the project, its benefits and Legacy, see our website.
Diversity helps to make London a great place to live and work, and we aspire to this diversity being reflected in our workforce. We know that diverse teams contribute new and different ways of thinking and working and raise overall performance. We also know that people are at their most productive when they feel included and valued. That's why diversity and inclusivity are key to our business strategy.
We are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a proud signature of the Ban the Box' campaign, and Disability Confident Committed Employer.
We pride ourselves on providing employment for disabled employees, providing support and adjustments during the recruitment process, and wherever needed in the working environment. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitably qualified disabled applicants.
What we will offer you
Private Medical Insurance
Company Bonus Scheme
Retail discounts ranging from high street retailers
30 days annual leave
5 Volunteering days per year
Matched contribution pension scheme
Keywords: it support, support, technical support, support specialist