Programme Planner (SC Cleared), Planned, Planning, PMO, Management Office, Portfolio, MI, Management Information, SC Clearance, DV, Security Cleared, Government, Public Sector, Project Manager, Programme Manager, Agile, Scrum, Prince2, MS Project,
Our Central Government client based in London / Croydon are recruiting for a Programme Planner.
Establishing and maintaining End-2-End Programme Plan
* Holding teams accountable for updates to Programme plans.
* Maintain Programme dependency and milestones tracking to feed reporting.
* Generating MI reports.
* Establish &maintain set of reporting tools and templates for Programme governance needs.
* Drive Planning and Reporting standards across Programme.
The specialist will work as part of the Programme team liaising with the Portfolio PMO and will engage with the different stakeholders from wider client as well as all portfolios / programme projects / work streams.
Outputs from this post will be used internally and externally at Programme and Portfolio levels and may also be used to feed external communications such as awareness campaigns and briefings to the media and Law Enforcement organisations.
- Establishing and maintaining the LECN Integrated End-2-End Programme Plan;
- Holding teams accountable for regular updates to the Project and Programme plans;
- Maintain Programme dependency and milestones tracking to feed Programme reporting;
- Generating Management Information (MI) reports;
- Provide planning guidance and support to all workstreams;
- Establish and maintain a standard set of reporting tools and templates in line with Programme governance needs;
- Drive the adoption of Planning and Reporting standards across the Programme.
Key Skills / Experience
- Experience of working as an experience Programme Planner on large scale, complex IT programme(s).
- Extremely proficient in MS Project including dependency management and critical path tracking.
- Experience of driving multiple suppliers to ensure the master, Programme plan (and associated reporting artefacts) are provided in line with regular governance cycles.
- Experience in generating Management Information (MI) reports, ideally automatically, for multiple audiences including project reviews, programme delivery review, leadership team and board executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, providing effective summaries & briefings for all stakeholders including material which could be used for external audiences.
- Ability to be proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing their own time and priorities effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at every level within an organisation.
- Close attention to detail, good organisational skills, and the ability to develop and implement effective processes.
- Understanding of a range of structured programme and project management methodologies including Agile and PRINCE2.
- Experience of planning within the context of multiple commercial constructs with multiple suppliers.