3rd October 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
You will participate in the daily operation of a large and sophisticated data communication network, made of about 400 network switches providing 30,000 ports and connecting together more than 10,000 network nodes.
Your main missions will be the following:
- Deployment, monitoring and supervision, maintenance
- Coordination of the work of cabling subcontractors
- Assistance to our users for networking problems or for the workflow related to the connection of new computers to the network
- Contribution to the technical evolution of the network infrastructure for improving its reliability, security and performance
Your will be part of a team of 4 people, strongly interacting with the 3 other teams of the wider group of 22 people in charge of Network, Security, Storage, Backup and Archiving, Compute clusters, Office automation and Support.
The ESRF network is mainly based on devices from Extreme Networks, but also Cisco and Microsens. The products involved in security come from Checkpoint, EfficientIP and Cisco. The ESRF uses a lot of opensource packages: OMD, Grafana, Debian, KVM, Nfsen, etc.
- Technical degree (Bachelor or equivalent diploma worth at least 120 ECTS) in Computing
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience
- Solid networking knowledge. Including network switching, routing and network security fields.
- Official certifications at Cisco or Extreme Networks are strongly preferred.
- Skills on Linux, scripting languages and web development would be an asset.
- Team spirit, autonomy and a service-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).