Technical Engineering Lead - Military / Defence
1st October 2019
£350 - £550
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Engineering Lead - Military / DefenceSevenoaks, Kent3 MonthsDaily Rate NegotiableRole PurposeMy client is looking for an experienced Engineering Lead to deliver the technical elements of a Buildings and Equipment Infrastructure Programme at its site in Kent. This role requires whole lifecycle systems engineering experience and would benefit from an interest in HSE compliant storage and management of explosives as well as an interest in related chemical / physical diagnostic equipment such as installation of X-ray equipment.
This role is Full Time, based at Fort Halstead, with the potential to travel to Shoeburyness and other client sites
1. Engineering delivery of fit-for-purpose working areas, compliant with HSE and regulatory requirements
2. Engineering delivery of infrastructure, equipment and facilities in line with programme needs
3. Transition of facilities and equipment to the end user, including defining safe working.
4. Engaging with external stakeholder communities, collating material, collating requirements, proposing solutions.
5. Documenting and delivering material required for facility certification and safe use.
6. Planning, leading and executing technical tasks from project initiation to close.
7. Anticipating and identifying risks, proposing mitigations and proactively monitoring.
8. Collaborating with other members of project teams in support of project goals, including professional programme management, suppliers, subcontractors, engineering and commercial teams.
9. Reporting back on customer business opportunities
Infrastructure technical delivery via application of systems engineering principlesExperience across whole lifecycle: requirements, design, build, verification, acceptance, transition, release to service, disposal planning.Experience of compliance, assurance, hazardous activity management and design certification, preferably relating to management of explosives, such as their handling, storage and chemical/physical diagnostic equipment.Technical management of subcontractors in capital investment facilities and equipment projects.Experience in engineering, scientific and technical management processesAbility to manage complexity - eg, trade studies, down-select solutions, specify designs, interfaces and system performanceWork collaboratively with professional programme management, engineering and supply teams, co-operatively planning, communicating and delivering programme.Work independently, lead with high performance and behavioursDirect experience delivering an HSE (ER2014) compliant facility and infrastructure programme; ISO55000 Asset management experience.Essential SkillsTechnical LeadershipSystems EngineeringSupplier ManagementStakeholder EngagementHigh Integrity EngineeringDesign CertificationDesirable SkillsDelivery of Explosive InstallationsDelivery of Radiography InstallationsFort Halstead site knowledgeExplosives Safety knowledgePlease submit your CV in the first instance.