|Recruiter:||Enigma People Solutions Ltd|
|Listed on:||1st October|
|Salary/Rate:||£40,000 - £45,000|
|Salary Notes:||c£45,000 plus benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel McGarrell|
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting an experienced Firmware Engineer for a niche award winning power electronics company that is experiencing an exciting period of growth.
Firmware is becoming increasingly more important to what our client does so you will be an important addition to the overall team, and it is anticipated that you will progress to be a Senior Design Engineer.
The small, close knit nature of the design team means a successful candidate will be in a position to influence the future direction of the company's technology Your role will be to work closely with a senior engineer in the design and implementation of firmware for varied power conversion devices.
Other members of the team will deal with mechanical and hardware tasks. You will be expected to support the project's technical lead in meeting requirements contained in the product definition, from initial customer specification to prototype and/or low scale production.
In general, the overall design will be undertaken by the project's technical lead, however the complex nature of some designs means the candidate will be required to own certain aspects of the design.
Skills / Experience:
- To be considered for this role, the candidate should exhibit proficiency in embedded C and have proven experience with; 16/32-bit Microcontrollers (TI Piccolo in particular), multi-threaded and multi-processor systems' communication protocols (SPI, I2C, CAN) and device drivers, in particular motor control.
- The candidate should be familiar with developing firmware in collaboration with H/W engineers and experience in all stages of the software life cycle.
- Experience developing safety critical software would also be useful.
- Experience of the following will also be an advantage * Real time operating system (VXWorks for example) * Version control systems (SVN / GIT) * Bug tracking software (BugZilla) * configuring Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Red Hat) * UML / SysML
- Over and above the technical experience it is important that you are comfortable working as part of a "hands on", "can do" design team in a small, fast moving unit, working on multiple projects.
You will be innovative, flexible and pragmatic with good time management skills and the ability to deliver to tight timeframes and within budget.
The variety of projects mean that you will need to be capable of working both independently or as of part of a larger team.