2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
26th September 2019
£23000 - £30000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Permanent Full-Time, Edinburgh City Centre
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Benefits: 11 in total including Full Medical Insurance
This is an opportunity to join an awarding-winning, leading Managed Service Provider of IT services. Established in 2000, this company has grown from strength-to-strength. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced 2nd Line ServiceDesk Engineer to join the Service Delivery team.
As a 2nd Line ServiceDesk Engineer you will be responsible for:
- 1st and 2nd line diagnosis and resolution
- Maintaining a high level of first-time fixes
- Delivering remote and occasional on-site technical support to an extensive customer base.
- Responding appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Technical Support Engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line diagnosis and resolution, critically maintaining a high level of first-time fixes.
- Acting as an escalation point for first line Service Desk Engineers by offering guidance and assistance to aid in the resolution of customer tickets.
- Deliver remote and occasional on-site technical support to an extensive client base.
- Install and maintain Operating Systems, Hardware, Network and Applications, in line with specification, to ensure customer requirements and deadlines are met and that systems are fully secure.
- Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation.
- Priorate and manage workload to ensure customer contractual SLAs are met.
- Action all customer requests/tickets, either by inbound calls (phone), ConnectWise ticketing system, email and portal.
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and processes.
- Communicate with customers and third-party partners
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Soft Skills, Customer Service (Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care)
- Team player - you will thrive in a collaborative environment and will contribute fully to the success of your team
- Experience with key technologies, such as:
o Windows Server 2012 - 2019
o Windows Desktop Windows 10
o Apple Mac OSx Operating system
o Active Directory, DHCP/DNS and RRAS
o Virtualization preferable Hyper-V
o SAN / NAS Storage
o Microsoft Office 2013 - 2019
o Office 365 Email Administration
o Installing/configuring Bespoke applications
o Installing/configuring printers
o Networking technologies, including LAN/WAN
o Backup technologies
- A full driving license.
The hours of work are 37.5 per week. This is based on a rota. Shifts falling between 07:30 - 18:00 with one in four Thursdays 13:30 - 22:00.