We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
As a DevOps Engineer here at the Co-operative Bank you'll support the Dev Ops models across the Bank whilst working as a team in utilising Dev Ops technologies and methodologies.
As part of our exciting journey to become the UK's best ethical, digital bank we're looking to build our in-house capability, and this is a great opportunity for you to be part of the team to help us shape how we, as the Co-operative Bank, deliver in this space as we transition to Cloud based services.
- Build tooling and processes to automate and simplify development and release activities, reducing waste and driving innovation
- Collaborate with developers, architects, testers and the wider organisation to smooth the process of building and running applications
- Assist in Digital Production incidents to provide challenge, insight and agreement in incident diagnosis by 3rd parties.
- Assist in Digital Production changes by vetting changes raised by 3rd parties at a technical level.
- Monitor live services, identifying opportunities to improve and refine.
- Ensure DevOps governance processes are adhered to (particularly by 3rd Party Development and Test partners).
- Support the Bank Change and Release Management processes.
- Support an optimised ‘change delivery' capability for both Business and IT driven change.
- Actively engage with DevOps stakeholders, taking ownership of requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
We're looking to build an in-house DevOps team, so we have a number of opportunities for candidates with a broad range of experience to include the below:
- Experience working in a collaborative DevOps environment
- Experience with Cloud based architecture including AWS
- Experience building out CI toolchains using JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, Ant etc
- A background in Systems Administration across Linux/AIX/WAS platforms
- Familiarity with tooling to support micro-services based architecture - Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Understanding of IT Operating Models (including all aspects of people, processes and tools).
- Understanding of IT Processes - ‘change delivery' processes with a focus on agility and innovation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A drive to learn and develop your knowledge within a DevOps team
- Knowledge and awareness of technology specific Retail and Commercial Banking industry trends, challenges, solutions and best practices.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
- Agile working including opportunity to work from home
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.