Technical Business Analyst - Oracle
23rd September 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an Analyst Developer to work within the Performance and Attribution capability aligned team who primarily work on the Factset B-One application toolset. You will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of analysis, design, development, and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Whilst your core contribution will be software development and engineering tasks, you will also significantly contribute to analysis and testing activities.
As an Analyst Developer, you are also responsible for managing your own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of your team. The role will be based in London.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Global Operations Technology function supports a number of business processes such as; Data Operations, Transaction Operations, Cash Operations, Reconciliations, Investment Accounting, Performance and Attribution, Reporting and Fund Operations.
The Technology team works very closely with the Operations business to create a Technology platform with an emphasis on a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds and levels of scale. Our primary goal is to deliver value through Technology domain expertise and robust solutions to our customers.
The teams operate under an agile operating model (based on the SAFe methodology) facing off to defined capabilities within our business.
We have implemented the Aladdin platform that covers a number of our more traditional Investment processes and provides full support for the trade lifecycle. Typically the solutions provided in this group are complimentary to Aladdin and also involve maintaining the APIs with Aladdin.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements. At present with this specific opportunity it is expected to require 5 working days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
What you'll do
• Be responsible for development and build tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability Product Owner.
• Be responsible for contributing to the analysis and testing of working software required by the Capability Product Owner.
• Be accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of done within an agreed sprint.
• Be accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met.
• Be responsible for contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Work with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies.
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies.
• Ensure continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge.
• Commit to increasing your skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Analysis, Test).
• Support other team members to improve their software development skills where it is their non-core specialism.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Expert knowledge of Oracle databases and PL/SQL.
• Experience using the Factset B-One platform.
• Demonstrable working knowledge of Performance and Attribution.
• Experience working with large volumes of data
• Microsoft .NET technology stack, including:
o Visual Studio 2017 (C# .NET)
o ASP.NET (Web Forms, MVC), ASP .NET Core
• REST & SOAP based WCF & Web API services
• Microsoft SQL Server and TSQL, including:
o SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
o SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
• Reporting suites e.g. SAP BusinessObjects, Microsoft Power BI
• Scheduling utilities e.g. Automic/UC4
• Unit testing frameworks e.g. NUnit, SpecFlow
• Automated deployment tools e.g. Octopus Deploy
• Source control repositories e.g. TFS, Git
• DevOps concepts e.g. continuous integration, testing and delivery
• NoSQL database technologies e.g. Couchbase
• Java and Unix technologies
• Microservice development using Azure Service Fabric
• Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
• Sound knowledge of enterprise architectural design and build
• Experience in application lifecycle and change management processes
• Experience using Agile methodologies (ideally SAFe)
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Financial background, ideally Investment Management
• Knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools common programming languages is preferred
• Highly skilled in producing visual artefacts e.g. Visio / iServer to communicate requirements, stories or design solutions
• Knowledge of the BlackRock Aladdin platform
• Knowledge of the Market EDM toolset
• Experience of data analysis for interface design and data model definitions
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CVs and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CVs sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CVs directly.