Duties & responsibilities
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement workarounds with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible.
- Escalating incidents to other support teams / management where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document Incident and Requests using the IT Service Desk application.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware .
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
- To maintain a first class level of customer service at all times.
- Ensuring that known issues and workarounds are documented and kept up to date to ensure that incidents can be resolved quickly and easily.
- Ensuring that relevant Compliance and IT Security requirements are met and considered at all times, such as PCI.
- Actively engaging and representing the team when working on company projects.
- Procurement of IT hardware and software when required.
- Actively support the SIP telephone system with changes as required.
- Ensure that any issues that cannot be rectified internally are logged with external support companies and followed through to a resolution.
- Flexible to rota out of hours' service requests.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and written)
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Sound judgment
- A full clean driving license with access to a car would be preferred due to the location and needs of this role
- Documented working experience with Microsoft Windows Environments, including Exchange, IIS and other applications.
- Experience with Layer 2, as well as Firewalls (preferably Watchguard branded firewalls).
- Experience with the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10) installation, support and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008,2012) installation, support and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Exchange (2010, 2013) support and troubleshooting
- Active Directory and file / folder level permissions
- Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS / DHCP)
- VOIP telephony systems; system development
- Virtualisation technology (Hyper-V, vmWare)
- Knowledge of WatchGuard firewalls would be advantageous
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience with a Service Management Framework (ITIL, COBIT etc.)
- MCSA / MCSE would be desirable
- Proven experience in a similar role, within a similar industry or related field with experience in technical role and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience. 3 years of management experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual/Quarterly Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 23 days holiday (rising to 28 following 5 years' service)
- Birthdays off
- Wedding/Civil Partnership Leave
- Perkbox Benefits
- Reporting to: Systems & Development Manager
- Job Title: Permanent
Working hours: 35hrs per week on a rotating shift pattern which covers 7.30am to 9.30pm and working weekends on call from 9.00am to 6.00pm