Senior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager
Construction / Utilities
£350 - £400 P/D (Ltd/)
Are you a senior Quantity Surveyor with experience of the water industry or from a construction background looking for an immediately available contract role?
My client are a leading Utilities Company and Supply to over a million customers in the Bristol area. They strive to be sustainable and make a positive impact on the local economy and community at every opportunity.
Due to experiencing a very busy period they are currently looking for a Senior Cost manager or Quantity Surveyor to add support to the permanent team with immediate effect.
- Advise on administration of the contract including analysis, collation and management of contract variations, claims and disputes with contractors for a range of contract conditions. Verify and arrange authorisation of Contractors payment applications and agree Final Accounts.
- Monitor the financial and programme performance of projects delivered by the Project Delivery Directorate and recommend actions to meet business requirements
- Provide cost information to the Project Delivery team for projects at all stages of the delivery cycle
- Provide commercial support to Procurement in the formation of tenders
- Negotiation of Final Accounts and claims submitted by contractors and to ensure payments are justified and made in a timely manner
- Provision of delivery phase cost estimates and cost data
- Management of the forecasting process for capital schemes to ensure that the overall capital programme can be delivered in accordance with company financial parameters
- Management of the governance process for delivery of capital projects following business case approval to ensure projects are delivered within approved limits and constraints
- Significant level of quantity surveying experience in a construction/Utilities environment
- A proven track record in cost management with demonstrable expert knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and the ability to recognise, plan and deliver business change
- MS Office particularly MS Excel and SAP
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in Quantity Surveying
- APM Project Management Qualification
This role is for an immediate start so please send an up-to-date CV ASAP to sarah Hibberd. Job reference number RTR86065.