Senior Project Manager - Malvern.
This role requires SC clearance, you must be eligible and willing to undergo the SC process in order to obtain the role.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team of consultants at Experis. Working on site with one of our clients you will be responsible for the effective management and delivery of a number of major and/or complex projects within the department. In addition, the Senior Project Manager will be expected to develop and grow customer relationships, lead major bids, support complex bids, secure associated follow-on sales and successfully contribute to the overall strategy and business targets.
This is a key role in the winning and delivery of contracted outputs to our customers which requires a leader with a 'can do' attitude to bidding, delivery and stakeholder management, combined with the ability to meet challenging deadlines, whilst remaining balanced under pressure.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required
- Leadership; being able to influence and align others towards the vision for the project, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success.
- Integrity; being open, honest and doing the right thing. Keeping promises, admitting when I don't have the answer and when I have made a mistake.
- Communication; being able to effectively communicate as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning.
- Stakeholder Management; being able to identify, plan and implement actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the project outputs.
- Teamwork; being able to create an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
- Human Resource Management; supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and QinetiQ policy.
- Business Development; being able to identify, develop and deliver solutions to our customers' problems within an appropriate commercial framework to maximise benefit to both our customers and QinetiQ.
- Negotiation & Conflict Management; being able to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner.
- Embedding a culture in line with company's values.
- Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
- Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the performance management system.
- Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across the company.
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
- Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level B.
- Degree level educated or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 5 years of leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering complex projects.
- Experience delivering projects to numerous customers.
- Experience of delivering Engineering or Software development projects.
- Provides leadership of project delivery and is able to problem solve, managing tight timelines;
- 7+ years plus experience of managing projects in a commercial environment with exposure to people, customer and commercial management;
- Tenacious, flexible and with ability to work well under pressure;
- Driven, energetic, resilient;
- Location: Malvern
- Duration: permanent (consultancy)
- Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
Please apply by submitting your CV.