|Listed on:||13th September|
|Salary/Rate:||£30 - £30|
|Salary Notes:||DOE Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Service|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Coxswain Mechanic - Peterhead Lifeboat Station
We are the RNLI. Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning. There is an opportunity at Peterhead Lifeboat Station for a Coxswain Mechanic to join the team, whose resilience, leadership and management skills are just as strong as their ability to handle a boat in adverse sea conditions.
Some of the benefits
- Salary from £30,978 (dependent on experience)
- 26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 24% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cashplan
As a Coxswain Mechanic, most of your time will be divided between ensuring that the All-Weather lifeboat and her equipment work to the highest order, ensuring that the Lifeboat Station is well managed, and training volunteer crew members - so that when an emergency shout does occur, you, your crew and your lifeboat will be absolutely prepared.
Your role will include:
- Inspiring and motivating your team; managing their progress by leading them on seagoing exercises, conducting shore-based training, identifying ways they can improve and imparting your valuable knowledge
- Meeting and talking to the general public about your station's work
- Taking a lead on Quality, Safety, Health and Environment issues, helping to develop a positive culture within the station
- Spending time in the day to day running of the Lifeboat Station; this may be in the form of answering emails, ensuring maintenance records are maintained or updating the station's monthly assurance report
You'll have the ability to build effective relationships with volunteers at the lifeboat station, the supporters locally and RNLI staff beyond, while acting as an ambassador for the station and the RNLI within the community.
To be considered for the role of Coxswain Mechanic at Peterhead Lifeboat Station, you will need:
- To demonstrate leadership and management qualities, and the ability to motivate and maximise people's potential
- Experience of fulfilling either a Coxswain or a Mechanic role, with the capacity and willingness to develop skills in other areas of the role
- Boat handling experience with knowledge of navigation principles
- Knowledge and experience of the operation, maintenance and repair of marine diesels would be desirable
- You will be required to live in close proximity to the lifeboat station in order to meet callout response criteria
Other organisations may call this role Mechanic, Coxswain, Marine Mechanic, Lifeboat Driver, All Weather Lifeboat Driver, or Maritime Specialist.
So, if you are ready for your next exciting challenge as our new Coxswain Mechanic at Peterhead, and if you consider yourself to be someone who is a natural leader, who can inspire and motivate a team of dedicated people, then please apply via the button shown.
As this is a sea-going appointment, you will need to satisfy the institution's medical and eyesight standards.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
The closing date for applications is the 6th October 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on the week commencing the 21st October 2019.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To be considered, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.