ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - Site based
Location: Dungeness B Power Station, Kent
Rate: Upto £43.00/hr (Ltd)
Duration: 12 months
- Degree, HNC or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline but will accept apprenticeship with experience.
- Experience of site installation and maintenance within Nuclear, Power Generation or Oil and Gas Industries.
Dungeness B on the South Coast, was the first Advanced Gas-cooled Reactor to begin construction in the UK and is currently going through a major programme of maintenance and repair tasks, aimed at underpinning the station's future performance for the coming years.
To assist in this program of works, we are looking to assist our client in appointing an Electrical Engineer.
As an Electrical Site Engineer you will:
- Report to the Outage Manager and, if required to do so in his absence, deputise for him.
- In conjunction with the Outage Manager, allocate labour and resources on the site works in a manner consistent with the programme for the works.
- Produce input into the Outage Manager daily report and nightshift log.
- Attend site meetings, as instructed by the Outage Manager.
- Direct the timely production and maintenance of site documentation. This should include but not be restricted to, Work Order Cards (WOC); Maintenance Instructions; Construction Quality Plans, Lifting Plans; Risk & Manual Handling Assessments.
- Review and understand the quality requirements applicable to each task he/she is responsible for and where necessary, carry out accurate measuring and testing in conjunction with, and as authorised to do so, by the Site Quality Engineer.
- Record any problems encountered during the site works and notify the Outage Manager of the details at the earliest opportunity.
- Record any variations in the scope of works to the Site Manager in a timely manner in accordance with the Quality System (i.e. Site Variation; NCR; TCR etc.)
- Keep auditable daily records of work carried out by self and those under the supervision of the Site Engineer.
For further information and to discuss the role further, please contact Stephen Slade on [Telephone number removed]