Cyber Security Advisor
Duration: 4 - 6 months
Location: London / Chesterfield (3 day / 2 day split)
£265 - £365 per day
My client are looking for an experienced Cyber Security advisor to work for one of their customers to support the head of information security in discharging their security accountabilities, working across numerous information and cyber security related projects. Please note that the successful individual will be expected to work on a 3 day - 2 day weekly split in the locations above.
As a Cyber Security Advisor you will be accountable for…
- Support the Head of Information Security in discharging his security accountabilities, working across a myriad of information and cyber security related topics.
- Identify information risks that arise from potential solution architectures and support the design of alternate solutions to mitigate identified information risks (ensuring that alternate solutions or countermeasures mitigate identified information risks).
- Provide consultancy and advice on IA and architectural problems.
- Identify, analyse and evaluate information risks and select appropriate risk assessment techniques for use across the business.
- Develop Risk Management documentation and articulate to business risk owners the causes, likelihood and potential business impacts of information risks.
- Recommend the implementation of new IA controls to provide more cost-effective risk mitigation in the long term.
- Plan and manage delivery of security work.
What do we want from you?
- 4+ Years operating as a Cyber Security Advisor providing information and cyber security assurance and compliance across a broad spectrum of IT services.
- Experience in the development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans, policies, processes and technical controls.
- Sound knowledge of Information Technology services, components, service management and change management.
- A good understanding of the procedures required to identify, quantify and address information security or cyber vulnerabilities in an organisation.
The Successful Cyber Security Advisor should…
- have a passion for working in cyber security.
- be proactive, enthusiastic and comfortable working in a fast-moving environment.
- have strong team and interpersonal skills.
- have strong written and verbal communication skills - this should include excellent written (structured documents, presentations) and verbal communication skills, for example, facilitation of meetings, presentation of materials.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security.
For Immediate consideration please apply today!