|Recruiter:||Vehicle Certification Agency|
|Listed on:||10th September|
|Salary/Rate:||£52,375 - £60,229|
|Contact Name:||Vehicle Certification Agency|
Do you have a passion for Information Communication Technology and project management?
Are you looking for a high profile and wide reaching role that you can make your own?
If so, this unique and exciting opportunity as our Head of Information Communication Technology is for you, and we'd love to hear from you.
As part of our Finance and Resourcing department, you will lead a small team to deliver resilient and compliant ICT systems to VCA staff and customers across the UK and throughout our overseas operations. These are exciting times for VCA as we modernise our ICT systems to provide better information assurance and cyber security, and you will be at the heart of this development where you can build a team around you to support our strategic objectives.
You will be responsible for:
• shaping VCAs ICT strategy to deliver sustainable technology platforms to support VCAs global business, ensuring a secure and stable environment for all stakeholders (including overseas partners);
• leading and championing the transition from in-house hosted legacy technologies to cloud based platforms;
• acting as lead supplier and partnering with VCA business colleagues for the delivery of new business services and customer facing digital services;
• Implementing a new team structure aligned to the UK Government's DDaT profession to provide the skills and capacity required to manage the transformed services;
• Implementing IT Service Management (ITSM) based processes and procedures.
Within your role you will:
• Develop and maintain VCAs ICT:
- strategy, including a vision and 5 year roadmap
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Cyber security, Information Assurance frameworks, including steering the Information Asset Owners group
• Manage and develop the IT service, policies and budget;
• Manage, mitigate and report on all ICT and business risk related to the ICT operation;
• Liaise on behalf of VCA with DfT digital, technology and security groups and Internal Audit.
Special features of the role
Although this role is based in Bristol, the successful candidate will be expected to travel to our other VCA offices on occasion across the UK.
You will have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing with the ability to adapt your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences, maximising both impact and understanding. You are someone who gains rapport quickly with your colleagues and stakeholders, as you build effective working relationships to understand the needs of the business.
You will be well organised with the ability to work on your own initiative and under pressure, managing multiple and often conflicting priorities to time and to a high standard. You will be an excellent team leader and someone who can motivate others to work together towards a shared goal.
Closing date: 4 October 2019.