Graduate Systems Engineer Cyber
Location: Malvern Worcestershire
we're dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Our Systems Engineers are renowned for providing high quality, independent technical advice to a wide range of customers, in support of their major acquisition programmes, and for developing our own range of world-leading products. We are looking for people to join our growing team of Systems Engineers who are interested in applying and developing their technical expertise, across a number of domains, both military and commercial.
Opportunities to work in the following Domains and Activities:
- Communications & Information Systems (particularly in the military land environment)
- Cyber and Security
- Electronic Warfare
- Research & Innovation
- Secured Navigation (particularly Global Navigation Satellite Systems - GNSS, PCB design and electronic engineering)
- Application of Systems Engineering principles across the lifecycle
- Consultancy and Business Analysis
- Product Development (full lifecycle)
- Leading engagement with customers and developing new propositions
- Service Delivery
Opportunities exist to work on and develop projects for Defence, other Government Departments, in the Commercial Sector and Internationally.
Job description/Person specification:
Key accountabilities (the balance between these will be project-dependent):
- Working flexibly, either as part of a team, singly or as a technical team leader, on projects and tasks to deliver Systems and Requirements Engineering projects, supporting internal product development and external customers.
- Technically driving the planning and management of acquisition, research or product development activity.
- Identifying, engaging and managing diverse internal and external stakeholder communities.
- Providing Systems Engineering advice to all sizes of project.
- Undertaking technical design and decision making as an SME.
- Collaborating with other members of project teams in support of project goals
- Planning verification and validation activities to ensure that evidence can be gathered in a cost-effective way to support solution acceptance.
- Anticipating and identifying potential issues such as delivery problems, lack of input information etc.
- Mentoring colleagues
- Information management
- Identifying and developing customer business opportunities
Experience and qualification:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering or technical discipline, or proven experience working in an equivalent engineering role. (Typ. Aerospace / Mechanical / Electronics / Systems Engineering, Physics).
- Professional qualification, or working towards one.
Essential Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements:
- Able to technically lead groups of scientists and engineers in a collaborative and collegiate way, enabling a high-performing culture.
- Has analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Able to work and produce consistent results with minimal supervision.
- Good questioning, listening, influencing and general interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Can adapt and work flexibly.
- Content to lead some tasks and be a team member on others.
- Applying the emotional intelligence necessary to work successfully with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Identifying and delivering propositions, and solutions to customers' real, unstated needs as well as those directly expressed.
- Moving at times from high uncertainty towards a clear problem definition.
- Differentiating problem definition from solution design.
- Rapidly assimilating information and gaining a good understanding of the problems and issues associated with new tasks.
- Thriving in a varied, complex, and frequently changing work environment, often with demanding timescales.