IT Commercial Manager (SC Cleared), Procurement, OJEU, Government, MCIPS, CIPS, EU, Public Sector, G Cloud, Crime, Police, Policing, Home Office, NCA, Agency,
Our Central Government client based in London are recruiting for an IT Commercial Manager.
To manage and lead a team of procurement and contract management specialists and manage a range of commercial activity in accordance with departmental and organisational targets.
- Day to day management and leadership of a portfolio of Commodities/Projects
- Design and apply the appropriate project structure and methodologies and set project controls.
- Manage the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information. Develop policy, reports, and procedures and manage data systems across business areas.
- Implementing effective sourcing strategies to support delivery of business strategies.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and Category Managers to effectively manage the sourcing pipeline and inform future requirements.
- Delivering procurement activities including sourcing & contract management, in line with EU and UK procurement law Procurement policy.
- Engage effectively with the market to inform current or future procurement strategies.
- Manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers in line with Agency Values/policy.
- Manage, Mentor/coach and develop staff.
- Support the teams in managing a large complex commercial portfolio.
- Deliver a number of high priority procurements/projects.
- Manage a team supporting the business through policy development, programme delivery, planning, performance, service delivery and governance.
- Set and monitor performance to ensure that all projects align with strategic objectives and comply with relevant control strategies.
- Manage procurements and associated resources, programmes, planning activity to ensure procurement is completed within HM Government and Agency policy.
- Manage all commercial aspects of procurement and contract management activity in line with the delegated authority. Lead negotiation and contractual performance issues (as required)
- Manage change activity and communicate proposed changes with staff and stakeholders.
- To manage one or more procurements on a day to day basis, responsible for the successful planning, execution, monitoring and control.
- Engage with government departments and attend working groups, government committees/ meetings.
- Manage business and supplier performance, to ensure continuous improvement in service standards.
- Develop and build internal and external partner relations working collaboratively to foster good relations.
- Responsibility for the management of specific strategic procurements and influence activity with stakeholders to deliver end-to-end sourcing processes for a range of goods and services.
- Ensure sourcing strategies and working practices support delivery of Government objectives and take account of cross government initiatives, market developments and corporate social responsibility.
- Provide efficient support to Directors/Senior Management through the provision of committee, secretarial, project, planning and programme support with the effective prioritisation of competing demands.
- Deliver best practice in supplier engagement and drive implementation of innovative commercial solutions.
- Undertake contract activities such as reviewing changes and change activity, identifying issues, liaising with the suppliers.
Key Skills / Experience
- MCIPS Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or equivalent experience.
- A proven procurement background of successful delivery in a complex and changing environment, preferably in the public sector.
- Excellent knowledge of Procurement legislation.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Experience of effectively working as part of a team
- Proven experience of tendering activity & customer/service delivery.
- Proficient with tools such as Word and Excel and MS project.
- Be able to lead and deliver procurements from cradle to grave.
- Proven experience of tendering activity & customer / service delivery including:
- G-Cloud experience