Nigel Frank International
5th September 2019
£50000 - £63000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Data EngineerCompanyI am working with the world's most trusted provider of serviced apartments for business travel. Founded in London in 2000, we have been at the forefront of the industry ever since.They have allocated a dedicated account management team who have experience of sourcing serviced apartments for people with similar requirements.RoleYour role as a Data engineer will be responsible for expanding and optimising data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimising data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoy optimising data systems and building them from the ground up.This is an exciting opportunity to optimise or even re-designing the company's data architecture to support their next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Experience building and optimising 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to
answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable 'big data' data
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Good to have
- Proficient in leveraging cloud based ETL and warehouse tools to create data
- Applied experience working with relational databases, with advanced knowledge of
SQL or similar
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS
- Experience with document databases
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or similar data role
- Comfortable with bringing together lots of structured and unstructured data sets to
create intuitive data models They are offering a speedy 1 stage process as well to get the best talent on board ahead of the competition too! Apply today!