Michael Bailey Associates
5th September 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Enterprise Resource Management Business Analyst IT EvolutionJob DescriptionThe Enterprise Resource Management team, as part of the broader Integration department, focuses on delivering and optimizing the best solutions for the demand and supply of the IT population.
The overall aim is to have the right resources, with the right skills at the right time, at the right locations, at the right costs and with the right utilization (six rights). This aim is enabled through several projects and initiatives that are either currently fully operational or running or are still yet to be kicked-off.
Whilst the Enterprise Resource Management department is interoperable and fluid, it consists of four main arms: Resource Management, Workforce Planning, Sourcing and Recruitment. The Business Analyst will focus primarily on the Recruitment arm of Enterprise Resource Management. Recruitment focuses on enhancing and finding new innovative solutions of increasing best practices and the way of working when sourcing to fulfil demand. With the current focus in IT being geared towards optimizing and changing the organization to be greatly more effective in order to be competitive in today's market, recruitment is pivotal in order to achieve these goals.
The Enterprise Resource Management Team is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to help initiate and deliver these initiatives and projects.
The Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of Senior Business IT stakeholders and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This position will give you high visibility in the IT organization and offers a great opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business IT community.
This position has the following accountabilities
* Capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements, including health, safety, security, usability, data, and supportability considerations.
* Translate business requirements into solutions and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
* Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Create clear documentation to communicate requirements and related information; keep updated to align with the solution over the project lifecycle.
* Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs and requirements, through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
* Interact with designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and data (base) design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
* Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs through defining and coordinating testing.
* Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
* Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
* Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area. Research potential solutions and innovative ideas.
* Lead stakeholder management activities including facilitation of opportunity framings, large design sessions, or problem solving workshops Skills & Requirements
* Knowledge of how to use SCRUM tools such as VSTS.
* Agile project experience.
* Strong communication and speaking skills with various different stakeholders and partners at varying degrees of seniority across the IT organization as well as externally.
* Great team player and proactive mindset.
* Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modelling such as Microsoft Visio.
* Ability to lead, facilitate, host and present professionally in varying governance meetings.
* Ability to think of innovative and out of the box solutions when required.
* Great analytical skill set with the ability to translate and transform data sets into effective insights.
* Experience analyzing the alignment between business requirements and system capabilities.
* Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Ability to communicate concisely and clearly.
* CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) or PMI-PBA certification preferred.
* Typical Years of Experience: 4 to 7 years of corporate IT experience
* Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
* Good understanding of the IT organization and operating model
* Good understanding of key IT technologies such as ServiceNow and PowerBI.Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.