PMO Manager - Leeds
4th September 2019
£70000 - £80000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
PMO Manager - 2 Year FTC
Leeds (work from home 2 days a week)
£70000 - £80000 per annum
Brand new role in a large established business joining at the start of a large Transformation. Due to the nature of the role this will be on a 2 year fixed term contract likely to tun slightly over until December 2021. The role will matrix manage 4 other PMO Managers across the Transformation piece.
This is an urgent role with either an immediate or within 4 week start date. Interviews next week.
There will be a requirement to be based in Leeds 3 days a week initially, this may go down to 2 days.
Responsibilities and Experience:
* Ensure Portfolios/Projects are delivered against the published Governance Framework and that appropriate exceptions are escalated.
* Report and escalate any deviations from Quality process with all exceptions audited and traceable.
* Contribute to the management of tools, training, processes and project methodologies required to support the successful delivery of projects to time and budget
* Actively engage with project teams in delivery of actions, tracking and following up on outstanding actions. Critically assessing the barriers and blockers to delivery to develop strategies to overcome or define a contingency approach. Acting as point of escalation and resolution for the project teams.
* Using appropriate frameworks and personal influence, assure the day-to-day momentum of projects. Lead any relevant meetings to ensure collective understanding of, and commitment to, the days tasks.
* Support the Programme Director in the creation, approval and management of their top initiatives through transparent reporting
* Regular review of the programme/portfolio plans with the Programme Directors, ensuring any deviations are approved by appropriate stakeholders to deliver to scope, budget, timescales and quality through change management.
* Clearly demonstrates an excellent track record of delivery in business change programmes. Is focused on solutions to business issues and transformation and can evidence using a blend of people, process and technology to deliver.
* Is capable of rapidly developing key relationships with influencers within the business. Builds relationships on delivery to stakeholder needs.
* Shows a clear understanding of the business structure and its transformation journey, especially as it relates to client need.
* Is comfortable in leading teams to deliver through defined methodologies and has broad experience of project delivery tools.
* Understands working within a matrix management structure and is using to dealing with C-Suite business stakeholders. Can influence at all levels of the business.