Microsoft Azure Consultant/ Azure Analyst
Avanade is looking to hire IT professionals for the role of Cloud Operations Practitioner within our dynamic and growing Cloud Site Reliability Engineering Service. The role is permanent and based in Newcastle, Cobalt Business Park.
As part of your duties you will also be required to be on call 2 weeks in every 6.
About the role - Azure Analyst/ Azure Consultant/ Infrastructure Analyst
- You will be working on some of the largest and leading-edge projects. As our Cloud Operations Practitioner, you will play an active role in our customers cloud transformation and operations initiatives.
- Core cloud operations responsibilities:
- You will configure and deploy services, follow-up on alerts, help debug customer support issues as well as automating all the above
- You will be creating systems, tools and processes that will enhance our support and operations efficiency
- Daily you will be working on improving service quality, discipline and reliability throughout lifecycle, monitoring operating objectives, streamline and automate intervention
- ongoing learning from Operations experience, modelled as software
- You have proven successful experience in an operations role and you can demonstrate the ability to successfully manage cloud-based infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- You have exposure/experience with cloud deployment technologies such as Azure ARM, Terraform, Puppet, Chef
- You have had exposure to cloud services (Primarily Azure but also AWS, GCP, ...)
- You understand how an OS works, knows networking, how git works, and the constraints of a distributed system
- You are also proficient in PowerShell and/or Python (other languages a plus)
Other Desirable Technical Experience:
- Microsoft Cloud, Infrastructure and Software Engineering certifications
- Operating Systems: Windows; Linux
- Databases: Primarily SQL Server but also modern NoSQL type db's
- Common Microsoft infrastructure services: Active Directory & Identity Access Management
- ServiceNow and/or other ITSM Tools
This is an excellent role for a confident, individual looking to work in a dynamic, agile environment in a highly autonomous role
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
What we offer:
- This is an exciting and rewarding role to be in. You will have an exposure to work on different top Microsoft stack technologies but also a superb opportunity to develop yourself.
- We are supporting our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies
- We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach and enthusiasm for technology!
- You'll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including continuing professional technology training and management training
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.