|Listed on:||27th August|
|Salary/Rate:||£38,000 - £43,000|
|Contact Name:||Sirsi Dynix|
Library Software Trainer & Consultant
Watford or Home Based (with travel around 25% of the time)
We're SirsiDynix, an industry leading library software company. Our software is a fully integrated library management system that ensures library staff's day-to-day work is easy and painless leaving them to focus on what matters: the patron. In our development, we focus on how the patrons interact with the library. We are committed to providing the Best Library User Experience.
Our products include these advantages:
- Power of cloud computing
- Ease for library patrons to check out e-books seamlessly
- Facilitate accessibility for both staff and patrons via Smartphones and Tablets
- Discoverable library collections with ease of searching and faceting similar to Google or Amazon
- Ever expanding services and products committed to helping libraries
- All of our products are customisable
We're now looking for a Library Software Trainer & Consultant to implement our library technologies and deliver high-quality training to customers.
- Salary of £38,000 - £43,000 DOE
- Flexible working options
- Full benefits including medical, group life and income protection
- 24 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays
- The chance to travel across the UK and occasionally overseas for company-wide training (around 25% of the time)
If you are a software training professional seeking your next step, this is a brilliant opportunity to empower organisations that enrich and strengthen communities across the globe.
There's a lot that makes us different than other companies. We foster a healthy work/life balance, encourage collaboration and hire talented people from diverse backgrounds. Our average employee tenure is over 11 years and we offer a great environment where we work hard and have fun along the way.
We believe that access to information is a right, not a privilege and that access is crucial to the success of individuals and communities everywhere. Libraries help all of us thrive - if you'd like to play a role in that, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Library Software Trainer & Consultant, you will discuss the benefits of software with customers, implement solutions and deliver training to ensure customers fully benefit from product features.
In this key role, you will:
- Deliver consultation through in-person sessions, web-based distance learning and conference calls
- Act as a partner to a library as they implement our various products
- Set-up software in-line with customers' needs and respond to any implementation-related queries
- Deliver product training, both in-person and remotely
- Help to develop services for new products and release updates
To join us as a Library Software Trainer & Consultant, you will need:
- Software training experience, ideally with experience of library automation software
- The ability to instruct large groups using web-based meeting software, such as WebEx
- The ability to work well, both with customers and team members
- A bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
Ideally, you'll have previous experience of working with SirsiDynix products, but this isn't essential. A Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree would also be an advantage.
Other companies may call this role Software Trainer, Software Implementation Consultant, IT Implementation & Training Consultant, IT Trainer, Trainer, Technology Consultant or Teacher.
Webrecruit and SirsiDynix are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next step as a Library Software Trainer & Consultant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.