The Test Manager supports the Test Lead in defining and ensuring adherence to the testing strategy, quality framework and methodology across all IT teams. Guides, assures and directs test activities being undertaken across IT, including by suppliers. When required, directly engages with projects and programmes to define their delivery test strategy and plan.
- Champion and contribute to the enterprise IT test strategy, test quality framework and supporting standards and policies to ensure the most cost effective, timely and appropriate risk-based testing approaches are utilised to fulfil commercial requirements
- Provide testing best practice advice and guidance to test and non-testing resource (e.g. for UAT) and maintain an understanding of industry trends in testing
- For allocated IT teams and delivery initiatives be responsible for guiding and assuring test activities, ensuring alignment with the overall test strategy, quality framework and standards and policies
- Engage directly with external delivery and test services partners and ensure that services provided are compliant with standards and policy and that kpis for Quality are met by the project teams
- When required for select initiatives, undertake test planning, specification, management, execution and reporting within timescales and cost constraints to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Promote the use of testing best practices and automation in line with the overall IT test strategy for the organisation
- Support IT teams in procuring suitable test resource as required e.g. for test execution
- For allocated IT teams and delivery initiatives, ensuring that in-use test strategies and plans have robust risk assessment/mitigation, align to the Project Delivery Lifecycle and solutions meet operating principles, in order to protect the organisation whilst continuing to deliver change
- Build relationships across IT, suppliers and the wider business, promoting collative working and knowledge sharing
- Communicate with stakeholders, providing business operational risk explanations of the consequences of test approaches and findings
You will need:
- Experience of testing in Agile, Waterfall and hybrid delivery environments
- Experience of utilising test automation approaches and tools
- Experience of management of outsourced test service providers
- Experience of working with engineering and IT Operations teams in applying DevOps best practices, including the use of Continuous Delivery (i.e. Automation
- Experience of RetailExperience of testing SAP products, ideally in a retail environment
Dixons Carphone is Europe's number one electrical and telecommunications retailer services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people's expertise to reach out and help new customers. What's more - we're exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, and so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It's an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.