A Solution Architect that defines SAP based solutions that solve a defined business problem whilst aligning to enterprise architecture strategies. The role will require someone who has SAP module and technology experience to define solution architectures within an extremely complex, mixed SAP and legacy landscape.
- Understand the business and IT requirements and write solution architecture documents that clearly articulate what needs to be done.
- Ability to consider, portray and present the options that are available and the ROI and TCO that are associated to these.
- Ensure that all solution architectures or architectural increments are aligned to the target enterprise architecture, standards and principles.
- Collaborate with programmes and projects and able to translate solutions into formal recommendations so that approval, priority and budget can be gained.
- Assist with the transition of projects into delivery teams and helps to ensure that knowledge is transferred, and the project is aligned with the solution architecture throughout the delivery process.
- Support the transition of new projects into the delivery teams and ongoing governance
- Provide input to the strategic direction of technology to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture
You will need:
- Expert within this area and can give guidance on which direction should be taken, whilst being appreciative of current and emerging technologies
- Experience of working as a solution architect, within a complex technology transformation, within a significant retail or mobile telecoms business
- Proven experience of developing credible and practical solution architectures which support the enterprise architecture strategy
- Proven critical analysis and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work alongside the lead solution architect and the business to develop creative technology strategies for rapidly changing, highly ambiguous challenges and opportunities
- An understanding of Application, Data, Infrastructure, Integration, Security, Web Architectures, so that end-to-end solution architectures can be defined
- Retail or mobile telecoms industry experience
- Detailed experience of SAP applications
- An understanding of a number of core SAP technologies
Dixons Carphone is Europe's number one electrical and telecommunications retailer services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people's expertise to reach out and help new customers. What's more - we're exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, and so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It's an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.