|Listed on:||27th August|
|Salary/Rate:||£24,000 - £29,000|
|Contact Name:||Recruitment Genius Ltd|
This IT Managed Services Company is in the information access game. Their clients want to access information that provides a benefit to their organisation. They happen to use IT services to achieve their customer's goals.
Goal - Enable the team of highly capable and passionate engineers to deliver inspirational IT services to their clients
As Helpdesk Manager, it might seem odd that your priority is to the engineering team over the customers. They need happy and challenged engineers that are managed and feel genuine supported. They will naturally gravitate to giving excellent customer and technical experience, delivering your goal.
Responsibilities to the Engineers
- Nurture a learning mentality around technical and business skills
- Manage and schedule the team to ensure maximum efficiency of resources
- Help the engineers join the dots, see the bigger picture
- Take responsibility and challenge the team
- Have fun with the team whenever possible
- Look for opportunities to be a hero for your team
Responsibilities to the Customers
- Build relationships with their customers and their key stakeholders
- Report, meet and communicate as much as possible
- Fully understand customers goals, even when they might not
- Advise customers on best practices for their organisations, know when to bring in senior staff
- Give the customer confidence in the Helpdesk team
Responsibilities to the Company & Directors
- Communicate engineer team wins
- Report and provide analysis every week
- Highlight learning opportunities and identity resources requirements
- Seek continuous improvements daily
Type of person that might suit this role
- Proactive but ready to go reactive - You should go into each day with a plan of attack but realise that life on the Helpdesk can change from minute to minute.
- You should thrive on putting in practices that prepare the team, so when unexpectedly happens, the engineers are prepared and win.
- There will always be one more ticket that needs solving. So you must have regular micro-habits, that compound over time to wins that contribute to continuous improvements.
- Don't like being bored or having nothing to do; they'll always be one more thing you can do.
- Passion for technology would be great, interest at the minimal. You enjoy systems, processes, how they help businesses.
- Someone who is wanting to make a transition between jobs, maybe from the Hospitality industry who loves technology or someone technical who prefers management.
- Working for small business and making a difference
Who this job is not for
- Can't manage lots of pressure - This is probably the most critical role in their business
- Rapid Changes - Can't cope when things change, computers + people = this will happen!
- Someone who wants to become an IT engineer, they have plenty of these
- Mega money, sorry they are not big enough yet but you can help them to get there