3D Senior Artist
26th August 2019
£30000 - £45000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced 3D artist with a proven ability to design, develop and build engaging, high quality content and animations to join a rapidly growing company.
You'll have the option for flexible working (including home working) and other benefits.
You will be producing assets for learning games and interactives. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a rapidly growing industry at the leading edge of online learning.
To be considered for this role you will be a talented 3D artist. You will have a strong portfolio of projects and animations that demonstrates your range of skills. You should be able to explain your methodology and approach to your modelling, environments, camera animation, texturing, material creation.
You will be expected to liaise with clients and should, therefore, have good oral and written communication skills.
You will be expected to meet and set client expectations, be involved in art pipelines, manage your time effectively, work closely with creative directors across multiple teams and projects.
You will have impressive hands on skills with your main 3D software and renderer. You should have a strong understanding of lighting and material creation.
Overall, they are looking for a well-rounded, skilled 3D artist who can take a project from conception through to completion and contribute their own unique style.
- Create bespoke 3D models, environments, animations, lighting, materials and stills for a variety of clients used within interactive content / character animation
- Work on all aspects from prototyping to 3D modelling, texturing, lighting, PBR materials, texturing/UVs and camera animation - using industry best practices
- Working closely with character animators to create play-blasts, animatics and final production renders
- Use renderers such as Vray, Arnold, Unity or Unreal
- Work on different pipelines, workflow and iteration of those pipelines
- Keeping abreast of technological trends and new releases
- Understand and adhere to the project art direction
- 3+ years' experience in the industry within a production environment
- Highly skilled and proficient with either 3DS max, Maya or Modo
- Extensive knowledge in rendering in either Vray Arnold or Modo native renderer and how to optimise for animation
- Proficient in Substance Painter & Photoshop, texturing and PBR materials
- Demonstrable a strong portfolio of work which include realistic environments, stylised and hard surface models and shot composition / camera animations
- Proficient in creating fully realised worlds and environments
- An eye for image composition, light moods, style, composition and framing of shots
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently
Bonus/pluses but not essential:
- Substance designer
- Animation & compositing skills - After Effects, Premiere etc
- Unity HDRP, Unreal Engine - high and low asset creation