Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper. We've placed digital banking at the heart of our strategy to become the best bank for customers, backed with a £3bn investment into areas such as Data Science, AI and Robotics.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which the bank of the future will sit. CIO Engineering has mobilised around 5 key themes:
- Making the organisation truly Cloud Native
- Enable a nimble DevOps way of engineering supported by the DevOps toolchain
- Providing our colleagues with devices they are proud to use and support real agility
- Supporting initiatives that enable easier and faster Transformation
- Creating the next generation of Security insights.
So why join CIO Engineering Business Development?
- You'll be part of the CIO Engineering leadership team working with leading Engineering disciplines such as Data Science, AI, Automation, RPA, Tooling, Cloud technologies etc
- You'll build and nurture a team of strategic individuals intent on fundamentally shifting the technology landscape with Lloyds through direct engagement with executives of the bank
- You'll need to appraise, motivate and develop your team whilst balancing resources and budgets to create an inspiring place to work whilst meeting business demands.
- You'll head the engagement with your customers, juggle multiple priorities and educate business areas on the latest and the greatest technology trends and Engineering capabilities
- You'll be at the forefront in helping to create the Strategy behind our technology vision for the Bank of the Future as well as surfacing and co-ordinating our various Technology Roadmaps
- The role has a very heavy emphasis on being outward looking and this involves engagement with other areas or GCIO as well as our Group Transformation counterparts to understand and shape their technology needs
- You'll be helping build the Engineering community and disciplines within Engineering but also into product teams. This involves ensuring the organisation continues to adopt Agile and DevOps methodologies as well as leveraging the new technologies that we engineer
- You'll be responsible for obtaining funding for large programmes that impact over 70,000 users, thousands of apps, platforms and devices and 30m+ customers.
- Here are some real examples of the work you could be doing:
- Outlining the strategic vision for all of our infrastructure technology
- Building business case for our next Group Strategic Review that enable our strategy
- Making sure that our technology roadmaps are aligned to our Architectural principles and are optimised to ensure smooth delivery
- Developing various interventions that help embed the Agile and DevOps mindset and encourage adoption of the new technologies
- Work hand in hand with users of the technology to determine what new capabilities we need to engineer
You can help us make it possible..
And what about you?
We're keen to speak to you if you're an established, Strategic Consultant at the Director or Head Of level, with the leadership qualities to both inspire a sizeable, multi-site team whilst facing into senior business customers (we'll be looking for these aspects on your CV if you decide to apply). You'll also need to possess a developed communication kit bag - adept at conversing to technical/non-technical audiences and influencing widely.
You should also have skills spanning across the following:
- Develop highly polished presentations to exec level committees
- Track record of presenting to and influencing senior stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Track record of writing Business Cases and obtaining funding for desired initiatives
- Deep understanding of the latest technologies and trends to ensure Lloyds Bank continues to strive to having market leading infrastructure
- Experience in advocating for Agile and DevOps methodologies and creating the systems that allow these to thrive
- Finally, any wider knowledge of software development practices or Cloud data engineering would also be very useful.
And how could we challenge you?
We'll ensure that you'll get exposure to a host of wider technologies and careers by broadening your data science and engineering horizons. We'll also give you the stretch you desire in terms of systems data science with opportunities to widen your skills in engineering data-led solutions to complex technology stacks.
We'll provide you with a diverse, energising and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.