Lead Project Manager - NPI
£45 - £50
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Role: Lead Project Manager - NPILocation: CheltenhamDuration: 6 Months initiallyRate: £45 - £50/hour To deliver Software work packages on two venture projects. Essential Responsibilities:* To scope, plan and deliver large, and often complex NPI projects as part of a wider customer-driven program to time, cost and quality
* Use industry-established project management practices and techniques for initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control and closure.
* Use best practice methods for risk and opportunity management, schedule recovery and active scope management to ensure on-time delivery.
* Actively manage a variety of stakeholders including the customer, the business leads and the programme management.
* Identify ways to continuously improve NPI delivery, reducing inefficiency, cost and schedule where possible.
* Actively contribute to the winning of new business when required, including bid management, financial estimating, scope development and development of a business case or proposal. Qualifications/Experience:* Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline (hardware knowledge preferred, but not essential), or equivalent relevant job-based learning in project management.
* A recognised professional qualification in project management, e.g. PMI, APM, Prince2.
* Must have held a Lead Engineer or Technical Lead position within an equivalent business environment.
* Aviation project management experience desirable but not essential
* Proven track-record of successful delivery of a product or service developed in line with NPI, engineering or business lifecycles Desired:* Strong leadership skills. The candidate should have a proven track record in delivering difficult projects, leading and coaching their project team through challenging circumstances.
* Able to perform under pressure. Projects in the aviation industry are often significantly constrained in terms of schedule and cost. The candidate should have experience of managing projects in a similar environment.
* Creative problem solving. The candidate should have experience of solving problems quickly and creatively using the resources available to them as well as seeking new, efficient ways of executing delivery.
* Good interpersonal management skills, both within the project team and upwards to the business. The candidate is expected to manage communication of information related to the project status. To apply please send your CV's in the first instance.