Network Design/Build Engineer - HLD/LLD, Implementation, Support
Are you sick of being asked to build unrealistic solutions? Are you constantly having to adjust the solutions to make sure they are actually efficient? Do you ever think that you could design the solution that much more elegantly?
This is a perfect role for a seasoned network engineer who wants to have more of an impact on the solutions they are implementing. It's the perfect role to bridge the gap between engineering and architecture; working alongside and acting as a good first stepping stone into a full-time architect position. The Role
You will be working within a dynamic networks practice team, working closely with network architects and project managers. You will be driven to find faster, reliable, and more effective solutions, varying in size and complexity, to provide to high level clients both within the UK and overseas.
You will need to have a strong technical background, with the ability to communicate well with senior stakeholders. Responsibilities
- Provision of day to day support to the network architects and project managers, to assist in delivery of network configurations.
- Assist network architects through configuration, implementation and documentation of network solutions in line with LLD/HLD.
- Ensure effective and reusable documentation is produced throughout project lifecycle.
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the network architects and Project Managers.
- Provide 4th line support for fault resolution.
- Previous involvement/exposure to both HLD and LLD.
- Network configuration and hands on practical knowledge of leading vendor technology (Cisco/Juniper highly desirable).
- Firewall configuration/implementation.
- Certifications (CCNA/JNCIA minimum).
Join an organisation renowned for digital transformation, developing cutting edge, innovative solutions to overcome the complexities and challenges faced by military organisations. You will work with the latest technology developing ground breaking solutions to transform how military and intelligence agencies communicate.
This is an organisation dedicated to investing in their employees, with one of the largest training budgets in the UK and clear career paths laid out to help you realise your potential. You will join a unique culture that is helpful, collaborative and supportive. This is a business that understands the importance of a strong work life balance, and that achieving this can change from employee to employee; giving you the freedom to work your way.Apply
Due to the sensitive nature of the work and end clients, all team members must go through the highest-level SC Security Clearance. Whilst candidates already holding SC are preferred, there are options to be put through SC clearance, however this may cause small delays to your start date.