|Listed on:||19th August|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £35,000|
|Salary Notes:||Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Data Researcher
Our client fights the causes of poverty on an international scale. Their mission is to ensure that decisions about the allocation of finance and resources result in an end to poverty, increase the resilience of the world's most vulnerable people, and leave no one behind.
They are looking for a Technical Data Researcher to join them and help to ensure they remain at the forefront of the revolution for sustainable data in development.
- Salary of up to £35,000 per annum
- Pension (5% of salary)
- 25 days' holiday + option to buy/sell holiday
- Up to five days' paid leave for charitable work volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people
- Smart casual dress code policy
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Cycle to work scheme
- Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid professional fees and study leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
This is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career with an exciting organisation that is tackling poverty on a global scale.
Within a culture of transparency and innovation, our client will support you to become an expert on the development data landscape and be capable of mapping complex technological and regulatory landscapes.
So, if you're looking to build on your existing expertise and join a talented team who are passionate about making a difference, our client wants to hear from you.
As the Technical Data Researcher, you'll deliver qualitative and quantitative research across a wide range of data related issues.
Acting as a master of data discovery, systems, access, manipulation, preparation and analysis, you will:
- Drive the technical element of our client's work, promoting data interoperability and joined-up data standards
- Lead work in mapping data landscapes in developing countries
- Investigate, experiment, and build new and innovative data sources, data technologies and analysis techniques
- Promote our client's work by writing articles, blogs and papers
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with external data producers and users
To be considered as a Technical Data Researcher, you will need:
- At least three years' experience in a research environment, dealing with complex data
- A demonstrable interest in socio-economic development
- A postgraduate qualification (or equivalent) in data science, statistics, scientific research, semantics or a similar discipline
- Excellent attention to detail
Experience of working with government information systems would be beneficial, as would previous experience of working in international development. Fluency in French or Spanish, in addition to English, would also be an advantage.
Other companies may call this role Data Researcher, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data & Research Analyst, Technical Data Analyst, Technical Researcher, Research Analyst or Analyst.
The closing date for applications is the 8th September 2019, with first interviews scheduled to be held after this date.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and, in line with their policies, aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Technical Data Researcher, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week