Support the IT Network and Cyber Security Manager with the build, maintenance, monitoring and protection of the critical network and IT infrastructure.
- Aid in the design, build, security and maintenance of the internal and remote office network infrastructures
- Continuously monitor the performance of all network systems to ensure they are performing correctly and remain secure
- Configure tools and define processes and procedures to ensure the Support teams can provide business as usual services such as identification of faults, minor network configuration changes and failed equipment swap outs
- Carry out regular analysis of logs to identify and ensure that anomalies are tracked, and appropriate action is taken to correct them
- Work closely with the Projects team to assist and advise on any network or security change required as part of an ongoing Project
- Manage your own assigned projects through all stages to eventual completion. Record time spent, manage any costs involved and ensure all elements of the project are completed according to the required schedule
- Maintain a good relationship with the SOC team and respond to any raised Cyber Security incidents accordingly and appropriately
- Maintain the various Security products we utilise to ensure they are kept up to date and are fully functional
- Provide escalation assistance to the Support teams where required
- Assist with the network/IT infrastructure for any outside broadcast event where required
- Stay current on the latest networking technologies and security practices to ensure that ITN remains innovative and at the forefront of emerging technologies
This Job Description identifies the main requirements of the role. It is not an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change over time.
- Minimum of a Cisco CCNA with at least one years' worth of network support/project experience required
- A good understanding of Cyber Security principles and SOC incident investigation is of real benefit
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work alone or as part of a wider team a must
- A keen interest in both Networks and Cyber Security
- Experience of Cloud Services such as Azure, Office 365 and AWS
- Experience of working with a SIEM a real plus
- Any previous experience with Arista switching, PaloAlto, Pulse Secure, Darktrace or SolarWinds products is advantageous
Leading and motivating others, setting high standards, building commitment and communicating and influencing effectively.
- Gives clear direction and support to team
- Helps team to understand the ITN Technology Vision and their role in achieving the Vision
- Proactively shares information and keeps self and wider team well informed
- Presents and communicates clearly and effectively
- Promotes and demonstrates a good work life balance
Effectively managing the performance of others to maximise potential and contribution and continually improve performance.
- Uses the Performance Management system to effectively manage the performance of direct reports and wider team
- Demonstrates and promotes coaching and development of team members
- Demonstrates personal accountability and encourages personal accountability in others
- Recognises and celebrates the contribution and achievements of team members and wider team
- Confronts and manages performance issues and problems clearly and sensitively
Drive for High Performance
Actively creating an environment of high performance, encouraging innovation, and constructive challenge to deliver improvements.
- Sets a high standard of performance for team
- Gives regular and constructive feedback to team members
- Encourages and supports team to suggest new ideas
- Is positive about change and supports team through change
- Encourages and supports others to consider different methods and approaches to continually improve performance
Business and Customer Focus
Building productive relationships, fully understanding internal and external customer requirements and exceeding expectations.
- Understands the objectives and purpose of the Technology function and how it fits into the wider Company
- Builds effective relationships internally and externally and encourages team to do the same
- Strives to exceed customer expectations and encourages team to do the same
- Keeps abreast of changes in own department and the wider Company
- Delivers on commitments to customers
Integrity Trust and Respect
Being open and honest, working professionally and consistently doing what we say we will do. Ensuring all decisions and actions are carried out the long term success of the business.
- Consistently treats other people with respect and is seen as a role model
- Challenges unacceptable behaviour
- Is recognised as being consistently open, direct and truthful
- Has the courage and confidence to make ambitious, or difficult decisions
- Aware of impact of own behaviour on others
Our people are at the heart of everything we do at ITN. It's vital that our workforce reflects the diversity of both our audience and the wider society in the UK, so we're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities. We also recognise the importance of a good work life balance, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process if this is something you want to explore.