Lead Platform Operations Engineer
Up to £70k plus benefits
Do you have an interest in making a difference by utilising your advanced technical skill set?
Are you ready for the next challenging but rewarding chapter in your life?
If so, then this job is for right for you!
An unmissable opportunity for a Lead Platform Operations Engineer to work for a market-leading company that provides a positive impact on people's lives through the production of drug development. You'll be working with sophisticated text mining software products used in the world's leading life science and healthcare organizations. The role is based in the UK headquarters (Cambridge) with the key role of delivering cloud hosted platform infrastructure and supporting the companies software development environment. A wide range of DevOps and system operation functions will be utilised in the technical leadership position.
- Responsibility for smooth running of Development, Staging and Production platforms.
* Design and implementation of system architectures that will scale as processing and storage requirements grow.
* Resolution of technical questions and enquiries from customers, partners, and Linguamatics staff.
* Implementation of configuration management solutions for all servers. and assistance with day-to-day running of services.
- Interaction with the development team to help guide new product features and bug fixes.
- Coaching and mentoring to new or junior team members.
Key skills required:
- A practical understanding of DevOps
* Excellent knowledge of Linux platforms and familiarity with other platforms and operating systems, primarily Windows and MacOS
- Solid programming or scripting skills are essential, with knowledge of or desire to learn Python
* Knowledge of configuration management/orchestration tools such as Ansible and Kubernetes
* Good knowledge of networking protocols and security: e.g. firewalls, IDS, naming services, and web-based services
- Experience of Cloud deployment (e.g. AWS) and/or Big Data
* Pro-active, problem-solving attitude and ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good degree or postgraduate qualification in an IT-related subject or equivalent IT certification or commercial experience
* Comfortable in a technical leadership role as a team leader or higher
- Competitive pay, including performance related annual reviews
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare, pension, life and disability cover, and other options depending on location
- Generous leave entitlement
- Flexible working hours
- Continuing professional development, including relevant training
- Socials and celebratory events
- Free car parking
If you are genuinely interested in the career and want to chance to be shortlisted, contact me on; Click here to contact this recruiter or [Telephone number removed] 1.