Location: Warrington - 12 Month Contract
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit a Capture Manager for an exciting opportunity to join this FTSE listed engineering and support services business, to be based primarily from our regional headquarters on Warrington.
About the role
Babcock are working on a bid to deliver a future work and training programme to provide skills training to staff working on Sellafield Nuclear Power projects. The role is to manage the capture activity to successfully position Babcock as the provider for this contract.
Top 4 Major Tasks and Activities:
- Manage and lead the development and implementation of a winning bid strategy and solution that meet client and Babcock requirements
- Manage the capture lifecycle for the opportunity
- Understand customer requirements in order to develop win themes, value propositions and differentiators
- Work across Babcock Lines of Business to identify, prioritise and plan for future formal bidding activity
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure that key relationships are being effectively managed and that vital customer, industry and business knowledge and networks are being effectively utilised to deliver the winning solution.
- Ensure effective communication with all stakeholders throughout the growth process.
- Deliver presentations to clients and senior management as part of the capture process
- Attend key customer meetings and industry days
- Produce reports and briefing documents for internal and external governance and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and new clients and act as the key client contact throughout the process.
What do I need to do the role?
Key Technical Skills / competencies:
- Lead the influencing and positioning activity with the customer and key stakeholders
- Manage the development of an outline solution
- Have a thorough understanding of the nuclear decommissioning market sector, its players, and customer procuring procedures
- Strong bid and project management experience
- Uses long term innovative thinking and networking to stimulate solutions
- Analytical skills to carry out detailed analysis of data and solution data
- Early identification of solution, commercial and corporate risks
- Ability to assimilate technical and operational information into clear, concise internal and external messaging
- Desirable: understanding of the Nuclear decommissioning market and/or commercial training market
- Essential: demonstrates experience of working with public and private sector organisations
- Essential: commercial awareness
Engineering or Nuclear related degree (desirable)