|Recruiter:||The Fire Fighters Charity|
|Listed on:||16th August|
|Salary/Rate:||£26,370 - £26,370|
|Contact Name:||The Fire Fighters Charity|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SQL Database Officer
£26,370 Plus Benefits
The Fire Fighters Charity exists to support serving and retired fire and rescue service personnel and their families in supporting their mental health, physical health and social needs. We recognise that no two people are alike and work in partnership with our beneficiaries to help them achieve their potential.
When the rescuers need it the most, we rescue them.
We are now seeking a SQL Database Officer to join our team in Basingstoke and manage our data and data imports.
As a SQL Database Officer, you will:
- Meet agreed schedules for all regular financial and fundraising data imports
- Establish data quality standards, making sure all data formats adhere to this
- Create data filtering criteria
- Develop new regular imports with the structures and formats agreed by Managers
- Process all data import and export activities in compliance with organisational and legal requirements
- Monitor and evaluate data standards file formatting and layout specifications
- Undertake continuous improvement activities for the database and data import business areas
Interested? To be considered as a SQL Database Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working with at least one of the following and willing to undertake training in others:
SQL Server - relational database
Salesforce - Large Scale CRM system
Jitterbit - data flow and extraction tool
- Good knowledge of database queries, preferably SQL
- Experience with large scale CRM applications, preferably in the charity sector
- Experience in complex filtering criteria and data formatting exercises
- Experience in using Excel and CSV for data manipulation and transfers
- To be solutions focused with the ability to transfer knowledge to non-experts
Other organisations may call this role Database Officer, Database Administrator, Database Admin, SQL Admin, IT Applications Officer, Infrastructure Officer, Large Scale IT Systems Officer, or Junior Database Developer.
But what's in it for you?
- Great benefits, including pension (8%) and life insurance
- 25 days' annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working policy
- Gain exposure to the Database Developer to learn and develop with
- Become a beneficiary of the Charity
- A rewarding role helping the UK's fire and rescue services
We reserve the right to close the advert if a high volume of applications are received.
Closing date: 11th September 2019
Interviews: W/C 16th September 2019
The Fire Fighters Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. When recruiting our new team members, regardless of the role, we are looking for people who share our values to help us to achieve our strategic plan.
To apply for the role of SQL Database Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.