Programme Engineering Manager (Systems, Software, Engineering)
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation in a management role with a lot of responsibility. You will lead 2 Agile projects focussed on delivering defence Commmand and Control products. You will manage a team of approximately 10 engineers - Software Engineers and Systems Engineers.Responsibilities:
- Improving the medium/long term engineering capability of the Team.
- Management of the Systems Engineering teams collective skills to deliver and monitor progress against the capability roadmap.
- Managing interdependencies to ensure success of both projects.
- The role also includes tactical responsibility for the overall leadership of the Systems Engineering Team within the Programme including assignment of tasks and monitoring of progress.
Responsibilities of the Systems Team you will be managing include :
- Working within an Agile Framework, the Development, Refinement and Impact Assessment of User Stories in preparation for Implementation by the Sprint Team
- Systems requirements management, including requirement traceability and VCRI creation using the DOORS requirements database.
- Systems support to IV+V, reviewing test coverage, compiling evidence of compliance and generating reports.
- Development of system design approaches for new requirements and defect resolution, including requirement analysis, impact assessment (including safety and security), UI design, creation/revision of design documentation (including some EA-based design), support to Software.
- Work within Agile software development team to support rapid, high frequency release Technical manual development, Security and Safety Documentation, including authorship, sub-contract management and customer liaison.
- Support to the Infrastructure Teams including Deployment
- Supporting the design, build, update and ongoing support of the customer, demonstration and training environments.
- Providing Support to Level 4 reach back capability to deployed capabilities, through the customers help desk.
- Product training
Overall leadership of the Systems Engineering Team within the Programme.
Assignment of tasks and monitoring of progress directly or via subordinate managers
Deputising for the Overall leadership of the entire Engineering Team within the Programme.
Line management, career development and coaching of the Engineering Team.
Recruitment of team members.
Supporting preparation of manpower planning and budget control.
Reporting of engineering progress and performance to function management.RequirementsEssential
You will have strong knowledg of the systems engineering lifecycle and the ability to apply that to an Agile environment.
You will be able to deliver software projects to time and budget.
You will have excellent person management skills with the ability to inspire and lead a team in a fast moving and complex environment.
You'll have great communication skills and be able to use them with senior managers, customers and peers alike.Desirable
It would be advantageous to have knowlddge of:
Atlassian JIRA (or other Issue Tracking tool)
Please send your CV ASAP - urgent!