What would you be doing?
- Manage and run processes for identifying, defining and populating Metadata
- Support processes for defining data quality requirements, standards, rules and controls consistently across multiple business areas, programmes and labs.
- Support the embedding of Metadata and Data Quality tools within LBG's Risk Functions and other business areas that supply data to Risk Division
- Develop creative solutions that provide insight on the nature and quality of key risk data using the Group's strategic metadata and DQ toolsets
- Contribute to the development of enterprise Metadata and Data Quality platform capabilities, tools and templates / training providing coaching to business teams on methodologies and techniques
- Contribute to the monitoring & publishing of the Group's DQ dashboard and top DQ issues
- Act as a source of expertise for Metadata and Data Quality solutions across Risk Function partners
- Develop a close partnership with related Functions within Group Transformation (e.g. Chief Data Office, and Enterprise Data Lab), other Risk Value Stream labs, and other Engineering teams
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in Metadata Management and/or Data Quality disciplines of Data Management at both a practical and policy level
- Experience of working on and/or delivering Metadata and Data Quality technology solutions
- Can readily translate between business and technical impacts and requirements
- Demonstrate ability to analyse and assess processes to draw conclusions and find opportunities for improvement
- Experience of working in dynamic, multi-functional and multi discipline teams
- Proven ability to identify and effectively communicate ideas and proposals
- Able to work inclusively with colleagues with a range of backgrounds, including business, technical and risk
- Build relationships with partners and be part of a growing network of data engineers that deliver data management solutions and consistency across business units and applications
The following experience is especially attractive - though not essential:
- Previous banking/financial services background
- Experience of developments using either Ataccama One or Collibra toolsets
- SQL database developments and technologies to dashboard and visualise data outputs
- Working in an agile environment using Jira and Confluence toolsets
The BCBS239 Lead Data Engineers are the main builders of our data management capabilities and should display the following qualities:
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving - Approaches problems in a pragmatic way, identifies root causes and draws logical conclusions to develop solutions
- Enquiring and inquisitive mindset - Ability to think outside of the box to identify creative solutions for data management challenges and opportunities
- Solution focused - Desire to build high quality solutions that add demonstrable value to business users
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Work dedicatedly and effectively to solve business problems
- Coaching - Inspire colleagues to maximise their potential
- Operational & Conduct - Understands operational risk and can identify and articulate the risks posed by lack of data controls and within the systems that support data management
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Salary range c£63,000 - c£70,000
- For the right candidate, there is flexibility in the overall package
- A car allowance of £4,700
- A performance share bonus of c15%
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
We're a founder member of the Agile Future Forum, a group of leading UK employers supporting flexible working. We're happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work. To us "Agile working" is more than working flexibly - it's about entrusting colleagues to think creatively about how, when and where they work, to deliver their very best.
So if you have a passion for building communities of pioneers, innovators and analytics specialists, developing game-changing models and analytical solutions, and unlocking your potential as a leader then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.