Enigma People Solutions is recruiting an experienced Application Support Engineer to work on exciting projects for blue chip clients. This role is to cover 6 months maternity leave and offers the chance to work for one of the UK's most dynamic Smart technology software organisations that sells cutting edge solutions into transport, payment and associated sectors. They specialise in harnessing these products with flexible and secure multi-application capability even after the cards have been issued for their initial purpose.
Purpose of the Role:
Respond to customer service requests within the contracted Service Level Agreements. Identify and resolve issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Use application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carry out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Receives and logs requests for support from the help desk, other service delivery staff and/or users. Prioritises requests in accordance with agreed criteria.
- Following agreed procedures, investigates issues and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions to take.
- Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
- Provides correct responses to requests for support by means of, for example:
- making modifications to system parameters
- developing workarounds or site-specific enhancements
- reconfiguring systems
- producing additional documentation
- escalate requests to level L2 and L3 support staff.
- updating existing systems with new versions of application software
- Updating existing systems with new versions of application software
- Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- In accordance with agreed procedures, monitors application systems for which the Company is responsible by regular scrutiny of information from the applications software, systems software or service delivery staff.
- Notes problems and identifies performance trends. Referring to more senior colleagues where necessary, takes corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising.
- Monitors progress of Service Requests for support to ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Liaises with systems development staff or software suppliers on the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfil user requirements.
- Working knowledge of Oracle or MySQL.
- To create, populate, query and manipulate databases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Good team working, works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Able to work well under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills in writing (including email) and orally.
- Good vocational qualification in an appropriate IT subject (e.g. HND or Degree) or equivalent GCSE A level, SQA Highers or equivalent standard, together with relevant experience.