A global business is conducting a number of initiatives across the core infrastructure used within the organisation, due to this we are looking to find a talented technical Programme Manager to join the expanding team in Nottingham.
The role will sit within a new dedicated division that is focused on the optimisation and improvement of infrastructure services globally and improve business services.
The ideal candidate for this role will come from a technical background(Infrastructure) and have moved in to the PMO function, working on large scale migration projects including:
- Data Centre Migration/Improvements.
- Cloud Migration
- Network Optimisation
- Platform Migration
- Digital Transformation Key Responsibilities:
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Delivers programmes within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organisation's project management framework
- Defines, documents and manages large and mid-scale projects with minimal supervision, working with multiple teams that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices
- Actively participates in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
- Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and commitment to make decisions
- Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints
- Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activities against the plan
- Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Manages change control gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders
- Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring members are motivated and developing their skills and knowledge
- Program and Project management skills, including documentation and delivery, working knowledge of PMO frameworks
- Reporting and data analysis; able to visually represent data and processes in an easy to understand manner.
- Strong experience working in the IT industry delivering technical projects
- Ability to think 'out side of the box', strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience engaging with stakeholders of varying levels, managing across time zones and cultures
- Experience of working with agile programme methodologies
- Management of 3rd party vendors and System Integrators
- Experience in managing a diverse onshore and offshore team
- Strong influencing skills and a positive leader.
- Ability to deliver against demanding deadlines and key milestones.
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong team building skills
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a market leading global business and play a critical part in the future technology for the business.
If you are keen to discuss further, please contact David Macpherson at Evolution Recruitment.