Platform Operations Manager
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Platform Operations Manager
Kaluza is the centrepiece of OVO Group's ambition in becoming the world leader in distributed energy technology. Kaluza is shaping the future: a distributed, consumer-centric energy system that will be the nervous system connecting energy retailers, grid / network operators and consumers to prove clean, affordable energy for everyone " and a key element in delivering this promise is our intelligent technology platform based on real-time energy availability.
We're creating tools to help customers unlock the full benefits of renewable energy by connecting their IoT enabled hardware and controlling that hardware to optimise for various system constraints and evolving revenue streams. We're also working on making new types of hardware that are not connected, "smart". The work we do will enable our society to meet the challenge of bringing electric vehicles and connected homes to market, and we're doing that by building the technology to enable exciting and unique customer propositions.
We're building the future of our business and we have a lot to do. We need to develop, test, and release software that scales, quickly and reliably. And most importantly, we need to analyse the data we get from our products and work on the most impactful changes for our customers.
What's the job about?
Reporting to Kaluza's Product and Engineering Director as a hands-on Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the proactive and reactive operational monitoring, stability and troubleshooting of our Smart Energy platform, ensuring that our Service levels and KPIs are met. You will effectively be in charge of our control room, supervising all aspects of our systems including low level cloud infrastructure monitoring, links to assets, third party cloud integrations and network operator's connections. Your team will consist of Customer Support Engineers and Data Insights Analysts.
- Accountable for the integrity of production systems on a day-to-day basis, to ensure uninterrupted services and SLAs are met
- Establish escalation support processes in collaboration with our Kaluza level 1 support function and platform product teams
- Establish platform operations success plans in collaboration with our product teams
- Monitor production systems including asset portfolio, integration links with third parties, health of control algorithms, customer constraint performance etc...
- Identify and help shape business KPIs across Kaluza product teams
- Work with product teams to shape the data requirements to build those KPIs
- Track delivery performance of key services
- Resolve operational issues by determining the root cause and appropriate long-term solution
- Provide guidance and leadership to support engineers in troubleshooting issues across our services
- Own post-mortem and root cause analysis processes for the Platform
- Process improvement and strategic engagements to eliminate repeat production issues, and improve issue detection
- Collaborate with product teams and external service providers in agreeing and publishing a release schedule minimising disruption to our services and end-consumers
Does this sound like you?
- Experience as a technical operations manager within a SaaS environment and/or within a 24x7 operations environment (B2B, B2B2C)
- A team leader an influencer who is able to bring together a team of skilled support engineers and data analysts
- Passionate about customer success and consumer satisfaction
- Experience in building or scaling a systems operations function, establishing associated KPIs, insights, structure, governance and processes
- Technical knowledge of Cloud infrastructure
- A degree from a top tier university, preferably in an analytical subject (e.g. Maths, Engineering, Physical Sciences)
- Experience and confidence in analysing large sets of data, using SQL (BigQuery) and an analytical programming language (e.g. MATLAB, Python, R)
- Experience using insight visualisation tools similar to Tableau, Qlikview, Kibana, Plotly / Dash - or an aptitude for upskilling on such tools
- Experience of presenting and communicating technical insights at a level that is intuitive and actionable to business and senior stakeholders
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Kaluza believes in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to challenge the status quo: to be the good ones, always find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. And we understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are nice too.
Diverse teams are the best teams, and we value equal opportunity: we believe that diversity is essential to building a world and a workplace where everyone feels they belong, and the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Research shows us that some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. And we know 'normal' office hours don't work for everyone, so we're very open to discussing flexible working requests. If you're excited about working with us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure...we'd love to hear from you.
We want to build teams which represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we hire on the basis of merit and potential. So get in touch. Ask lots of questions. And good luck!
To apply for the role of Platform Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Platform Operations Manager, SaaS Operations Manager, IT Operations Manager, Technical Operations Manager, Technical Manager, SaaS Platform Manager, IT Platform Manager, IT.