Rapita Systems is seeking a talented and highly motivated Account Manager to join their sales team in the UK. Working with some of the leading brands in the international aerospace and space industries, you will be assisting our customers by supplying cutting-edge software verification solutions including software testing, code coverage, services and multi-core software timing analysis.
The position is suitable for someone who combines a technical background with proven interpersonal and sales skills.
Based in York, UK, with opportunities for home working, and world-wide travel, especially to the US and around Europe, you will play a key role in the growth of the company. The position calls for intelligence, knowledge, hard work and commitment. You will be working with technically challenging software systems, selling a variety of services, innovative software tools and hardware solutions.
As a business account manager, you will be responsible for the growing sales into the worldwide aerospace market. Working in our international sales team, the role involves:
- Achieving yearly sales targets
- Pursuing and closing high-value software tool and custom engineering solutions opportunities
- Creating strong customer relationships
- Maintaining pipeline and bookings in CRM system and remaining active in customer projects throughout engagement
- Assisting the marketing team with input for sales collateral and media engagement
- Identifying and nurturing key partnerships with companies providing complementary products and services
- Networking with industry leaders to understand trends and identify new business opportunities
- Participate in customer facing events such as trade shows and conferences
- Working with marketing and business development teams for lead generation and identifying new opportunities
- Producing technical and commercial proposals with assistance from engineering teams
- Communicating with engineers, representing customer requirements, and coordinating delivery of those requirements
Required skills and experience
- Previous commercial/sales experience with a demonstrable track record of selling solutions in a technical environment
- Technical (software/electronics) background, giving you the ability to understand our customers' needs and communicate our technology
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to talk easily with customers
- A strong, self-motivated personality, able to confidently lead and communicate
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and ideas
- Highly motivated to achieve sales targets
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of the aerospace, space or automotive software industries
- Familiarity with standards and technologies used in aerospace or automotive software development such as DO-178C and ISO26262, software verification, safety and certification
- Familiarity with sales/marketing technologies such as Salesforce
- Skills in foreign languages
What you will bring to Rapita Systems
- You will be responsible for business growth primarily in the aerospace market, and other markets as opportunities arise
- You will support our customers by planning technical solutions that support our customers' needs
- You will strive to ensure our customers achieve exceptional results through account management
Why join Rapita?
Rapita is a great place to work with a strong, friendly team, flexible working times, 31 days annual leave (includes bank holidays), a private pension, an innovative ethos and culture, and an open, flexible working environment. We'd love for you to experience this yourself, have a look at some of our employee profiles!
Rapita offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience, and with flexible working time. The salary for this role is £30k-£60K depending on experience and skills plus on-target earnings and commission. This position could suit a range of experiences from a new graduate to someone with more industrial experience. Location: York (UK) or could consider remote working for an experienced sales person.