Regional Sales Director
Plantronics and Poly are now Poly.
We are a global leader in unified communications & collaboration technology with 7500 Employees in 35+ countries.
Our comprehensive set of smart endpoints for unified collaboration span personal and group communication systems, with a full range of headsets, desk and conference phones, and video collaboration solutions. Our cloud software and services provide advanced management, analytics, and insights that drive first-rate business decisions.
Poly is the global communications company that powers authentic human connection and collaboration. Face to face, we sift and sort millions of verbal and non-verbal cues to glean meaning. Poly is finding new ways to inject these cues into audio and video communication to replicate the face to face experience. To build intimacy. To break walls and span distance. To nurture the simplicity and beauty of human connection. One to one, one to many, many to many.
We are seeking the right talent to join us on this powerful journey to connect humans, not just things. Visit www.poly.com to learn more.
Benelux & Nordic region.
Every day is different, but here is an overview of what you will be required to do:
Setting and executing the sales strategy for the Benelux & Nordics. Drive a high-performance sales culture to grow Poly revenues and market share, by aggressively acquiring new customer accounts and significantly expanding the revenues derived from installed base customers.
Plan, develop and execute channels strategies for the territory to leverage direct touch selling with selective distribution.
Be the face of Poly in the region.
- Develop and drive Poly revenues into Major Accounts through "Direct Touch" activities and Channel Partners fulfilment
- Work with the EMEA distribution team to actively develop and execute the Poly distribution route to market model to provide a resilient and highly productive operation
- Plan, develop and execute regional strategy including the identification, analysis and appointment of suitable partners, business planning, and execution of agreed plans
- Maintain productive channels through ensuring solid contractual relationships, the implementation of Poly certification, monitoring channel satisfaction, managing under-performing partners and bringing on new ones as necessary
- Execute business plans to ensure quota objectives are over-achieved by the sales team
- Develop business plans and provide leadership and direction to the sales team to ensure growth objectives as set by the company are met
- Ensure administrative activity (forecasting, account planning, sales documentation etc.) is completed to high standards by all of the sales team
- Optimise team performance on a monthly and quarterly basis through setting targets, monitoring performance, ensuring under performers are trained, coached and motivated to attain and over achieve quotas, replacing team members where necessary, achieving high morale, providing inspirational leadership etc
- Assist and support as necessary with end user presentations, demonstrations and deal closing
- Manage sales expenses within the agreed budget
- Monitor the market, maintaining an awareness of competitor activity and offerings and ensuring Poly retains market leadership
- Ensure Poly team and resellers are trained to Poly standards
- Communicate effectively to senior management as required, and across all departments and divisions within Poly.
- End-user customer
- Channel partners
- The industry media
- Other third parties, e.g. consultants.
An active member of the EMEA sales leadership team, you would work with all departments within EMEA team, particularly channel, Strategic Alliances, Services, Marketing, HR and Finance as well as with other theatre associates.
Required education, experience, skills:
Education to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Sales management experience, with demonstrable evidence of motivating sales teams
- Sales experience in a hi-tech and / or solutions based environment both in direct and indirect sales
- Knowledge of the Benelux & Nordic markets, i.e. top 100 companies, SME structure, public sector, hi-tech distribution etc, with proven networking assets
- Proven campaign management abilities. Experience of using and implementing structured sales techniques spanning the entire sales cycle; i.e. identification and qualification of opportunities, business development, order fulfilment and ongoing account management
- Demonstrable track record of campaign delivery through use of large account management skills
- Demonstrable track record of developing and managing a multi-faceted distribution route to market (Direct touch, distributors, resellers and systems Integrators)
- Results-oriented with a proven ability to deliver against stretch targets
- Maturity to display natural team leadership as well as team player skills
- Articulate verbally and in English, native speaker in at least one Nordic language
- Mature interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence at senior levels within prospects and clients
- Commercially astute, with the ability to promote and sell the Poly offering on a conceptual basis and through highlighting business benefit as well as product features
- Be aware at all times and have detailed understanding of Poly's complete product and services portfolio.
The application process is subject to a background check regarding employment, education, criminal background, and may include a reference check.