|Listed on:||9th August|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
IT Project Manager
The ICT Project Manager is a key interface with the Business, who provides end to end management of multiple technical and business-related ICT projects. In this role you will build and leverage strong relationships with the prime ICT outsourcing partner and third party suppliers to manage and successfully deliver controlled projects into the organisation, ensuring that key business outcomes are achieved.
In this role, you will develop and present a business case, prioritised within the overall portfolio and pipeline of projects, deliver all phases of the project while remaining focused on the expected business benefits and outcomes.
You will ensure that all project elements are considered including those beyond the technical delivery aspects eg commercial or legal considerations, user adoption, training and business transformation.
Purpose of the Role
Our client's ICT has implemented a partnering strategy to deliver its services by outsourcing a number of activities, specifically around the technical support and operations. They retain the overall management and accountability for their ICT services and work collaboratively with their partners to deliver as a single ICT team to the business.
The outsourcing strategy is driven by value for money, skills and know-how to deliver excellent user experience and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
This role sits within the ICT Programme and Transformation Management who are responsible for:
- Delivery of Programmes and Projects
- Administration of Programme delivery
- Progress, pipeline and demand management of all ICT projects
Requirements of the Role
- Business Strategy & Planning: Innovation: SFIA Code: INOV; SFIA Level 5
- Business Change Implementation: Programme Management: SFIA Code: PGMG; SFIA Level 6
- Business Change Implementation: Project Management: SFIA Code: PRMG; SFIA Level 4, 5
- Business Change Implementation: Benefits Management: SFIA Code: BENM; SFIA Level 5
- Systems Development: Systems Development Management: SFIA Code DLMG: SFIA Level 5
- Skills Management: Learning & Development Management: SFIA Code ETMG: SFIA Level 4, 5
- Stakeholder Management: Relationship Management: SFIA Code RLMT; SFIA Level 5
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of managing multiple suppliers, internal ICT and business resources in the delivery of ICT transformation projects
- Experience in delivering projects over £1m
- Experience of some of the follow systems would be an advantage
- ERP systems (HR / Finance / SRM / BI)- SAP / Oracle
- CRM systems - Siebel/Oracle
- Spectrum Management Systems - SMS
- MS SharePoint
- Unified communications
- Payroll systems
- Enterprise Infrastructure - Servers, Networks, Data Centres,
- Desktop and Office automation systems
- Cloud and SaaS solutions
- Graduate calibre with a degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a Business-related degree
- PRINCE2 Practitioner, MSP, APMP or equivalent
- Alternative development methodologies - Waterfall, RAD, Agile etc
- ITIL v3 Foundation (desirable)
All competencies at Associate Level are applicable, as defined by our client's HR on the Loop. Particular focus is given to the following ones:
Planning & Project Management
- Leads delivery of work to expectations (e.g. time/ quality/cost) holding others to account, taking full ownership of progress
- Oversees and co-ordinates work beyond own area of expertise, ensuring team members from other areas understand requirements
- Takes a lead role in stakeholder meetings, acting as a key contact on related issues
- Develops and maintains professional on-going relationships with stakeholders and own external network of contacts
- Shows understanding of the interests and needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Draws complex ideas into a clear and focused document
- Tailors content and tone for the audience
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of own and others' written material
- Influences through formal and informal channels, tailoring approach to a range of audiences
- Anticipates possible challenges and objections and prepares thoroughly
Problem Solving & Analysis
- Ensures analysis is informed by strategic priorities and input from other Groups within the organisation
- Identifies the key issues and hypotheses, showing sound judgement
Knowledge & Expertise
- Applies specialist knowledge in one or more related areas
- Demonstrates an enhanced understanding of the specialism developed through study and/or experience
- Puts the work in a wider context, understanding the broader picture
To apply for the role of IT Project Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: IT Project Manager, Project Manager, IT Systems Project Manager, IT Infrastructure Project Manager, IT Project Lead, Technical Project Manager, ICT Project Manager, Technical Lead.