Front End Developer
Salary: £50,000 p.a
BMJ Tech are seeking a Front End developer who wants to join a growing team. You will be up to date with new technologies and interested in improving the online experience and performance of transactional websites and apps. You will also be an expert in your chosen discipline as well as being willing and able to learn new technologies and use that knowledge at work.
BMJ Technology has several online products that are used worldwide. We need expertise in Design and Front End Development to improve the look and feel, performance and usability of our products.
Skills and Technologies you will need to have and known:
- HTML 5, CSS, SASS, Less and responsive web design
- Build tools: Compass, Gulp, Grunt
- Distributed version control systems (GIT)
Other skills/technologies/techniques we would like you to have, or learn quickly:
- Object Oriented CSS
- JVM web development
- Cloud computing, preferably AWS
- Continuous Delivery techniques and ways of working
- Agile Methodologies: Scrum, Kanban
- All grades are entitled to 25 days' annual leave, rising 1 day every 2 years until it reaches a maximum of 30 days (this will be prorated for part timers), and buy up to 5 additional days holiday a year via yourReward
- Finish at 4pm on the working day before a bank holiday
- Enjoy an extra day's holiday over the Christmas period (actual day decided by the Association)
- Healthcare cash plans, childcare vouchers, eyecare vouchers, dental insurance and more!
- Access to a number of countrywide gyms at discounted rates via yourReward
- Purchase a bicycle and/or equipment up to a value of £1000 through the Scheme quarterly, accessed via yourReward
- Access discounts and offers 365 days of the year across a wide range of high street stores, online retailers, restaurants, supermarkets etc. via yourReward
- 50% of salary payable for maximum of 5 years on membership of the pension arrangement
- Cover of 7x salary (3x as a lump sum & 4x for spouses/dependants pension) on membership of the pension arrangement