Software Engineer / Java Developer
Post End Date: 19/08/2019
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Design and develop software for the BMJ products.
- Design and develop software admin/reporting tools.
- Maintain and enhance these software solutions.
- Report generation.
- Development of websites.
- Development of back end systems and reporting solutions for these sites.
- Writing tests (TDD/BDD)
- Database development and support.
- Routine updates and bug fixes.
Skills & experience:
- Educational and work experience equivalent to a science/computing degree are
- Proven track record as a Java developer
- Experience and exposure to TDD/BDD
Degree course or equivalent work experience should include all of the following:
- Database design and theory
- Object Oriented programming theory and practice in Java
- Creation of a simple dynamic website
- Use of HTML and CSS in web development
- Practical use of operating systems
Main Tech stack we use at BMJ includes, but is not limited to:
- Java 8
- Spring Boot
Other things we do at BMJ includes, but is not limited to:
- Microservices, REST API
- Continuous Integration
- All grades are entitled to 25 days' annual leave, rising 1 day every 2 years until it reaches a maximum of 30 days (this will be prorated for part timers), and buy up to 5 additional days holiday a year via yourReward
- Finish at 4pm on the working day before a bank holiday
- Enjoy an extra day's holiday over the Christmas period (actual day decided by the Association)
- Healthcare cash plans, childcare vouchers, eyecare vouchers, dental insurance and more!
- Access to a number of countrywide gyms at discounted rates via yourReward
- Purchase a bicycle and/or equipment up to a value of £1000 through the Scheme quarterly, accessed via yourReward
- Access discounts and offers 365 days of the year across a wide range of high street stores, online retailers, restaurants, supermarkets etc. via yourReward
- 50% of salary payable for maximum of 5 years on membership of the pension arrangement
- Cover of 7x salary (3x as a lump sum & 4x for spouses/dependants pension) on membership of the pension arrangement
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Tashan Chong-Kan.