Oracle DBA (SC Cleared)
The successful candidate will either hold or be willing to undergo SC clearance
The database administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical systems to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications within the agreed ITSLA.
- 5 years+ experience in database management and performance tuning and optimisation, using native monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting tools, backup restores and recovery models on virtual machines and physical systems.
- An excellent working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Linux operating systems running on Oracle 12c.
- Experience in building databases on a Linux virtual platform including database upgrade and regular patching and maintenance.
- Experience in the following Oracle technology stack:
- Database 12c
- RAC One Node
- Data Guard
- Grid Infrastructure
- Enterprise Manager
- Recovery Manager
- Exposure to Open Source databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- UNIX/shell scripting
- Has undertaken and can demonstrate appropriate Oracle technical training for the role.
- Able to handle complex tasks, demonstrating skills in leading to resolution.
- Innovative and proactive planner with a strong proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to communicate the right level of technical information based on the audience.
- Proactive, result oriented and resilient with an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Experience of being on-call on a 24x7 rota
- Understanding of Agile deliveries, collaborative tooling and techniques (Jira/Kanban).
- An understanding of ITIL processes.