Channel Services Development Manager - EMEA
Plantronics and Polycom are now Poly.
We are a global leader in unified communications & collaboration technology with 7500 Employees in 35+ countries.
Our comprehensive set of smart endpoints for unified collaboration span personal and group communication systems, with a full range of headsets, desk and conference phones, and video collaboration solutions. Our cloud software and services provide advanced management, analytics, and insights that drive first-rate business decisions.
Poly is the global communications company that powers authentic human connection and collaboration. Face to face, we sift and sort millions of verbal and non-verbal cues to glean meaning. Poly is finding new ways to inject these cues into audio and video communication to replicate the face to face experience. To build intimacy. To break walls and span distance. To nurture the simplicity and beauty of human connection. One to one, one to many, many to many.
We are seeking the right talent to join us on this powerful journey to connect humans, not just things. Visit www.poly.com to learn more.
Working across EMEA with major distributors and PAN EMEA Partners you will own and close sales opportunities from across the entire Services Portfolio (key focus areas being: New Maintenance, Professional Services and Cloud / Managed Services, as well as being responsible for the successful on-boarding, development and retention of these partners. You will be expected to work with all partners of Poly's organization to generate and drive a sufficient pipeline of net-new Service deals to ensure financial targets are met.
The role requires an active cooperation with multiple departments in Poly and so relationship building, and people skills are essential.
Every day is different, but here is an overview of what you will be required to do:
- Perform against a financial target every quarter for your assigned Partners.
- Joint account Management, with Channel Account Manager to ensure you Maintain and development major Distributors and PAN EMEA Partners.
- Managing our RPSS (RealPresence Service Specialization) and reseller partners and ensuring that they are attaching service to all Poly orders and conscientiously pursuing renewals
- Join Partner QBRs to provide executives service trends and benchmarking data. Provide insight on how to grow services business.
- Training and coaching those partners on the value proposition of services, and to understand how to uncover the service needs of end user clients.
- Training and coaching our partners on utilizing the various tools (price book, eservice tools, etc) available for them to pursue service business.
- Assisting our partners via joint sales calls when needed
- Help EMEA Renewal Team close renewals with partners - get orders through system
- Provide Forecasting to Partners for new and renewal opportunities
- Educating and communicating the value proposition of Poly services to the sales teams and assisting them to uncover the service needs of end user clients
- Support the Poly sales teams
- Marketing & Demand Generation. Where applicable, work with Channel Account Management team to manage channel marketing funds to ensure event and Partner success.
- Negotiate with (and through) Partners in competitive situations to ensure that Poly is the preferred vendor.
- Ensure all sales activities are recorded in Poly Sales CRM - Salesforce.com.
- Provide accurate weekly forecasting and visibility into sales activity.
- Align with the Regional Sales Lead's and the EMEA Channel Organization strategy for the geography.
- Liaise with Sales Engineering and Poly broader services organization to ensure service recommendations and quotations are accurate and meet the customer's requirements
- Undertake any other duties required to assist in the successful operation of the department.
Required education, experience, skills:
- Candidates must be well versed in consultative solution sales and will have extensive business development and/or sales experience in a services organization.
- Must have proven track record in a services organization driving business development in a geographic area.
- A high energy customer focused leader with a track record of driving change, advising on new service offerings that meet a market demand and partnering with sales at closing new business.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate innovative solutions for business growth in a fast-growing company and fast paced environment.
- Extensive customer management experience at the executive level including negotiation at the deal/account level.
- Ability to build consensus and interact with all levels of management, staff, and the public.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Excellent trouble shooter in tough customer facing situations.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in consulting sales services business operations globally, in a high-technology industry.
- Multilingual - English plus fluent in either French / German
The application process is subject to a background check regarding employment, education, criminal background, and may include a reference check.